Jetblue 5yr deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xanderman

I know this may sound like flaim bait but I'm sorry I have to ask someone who can tell me the truth.

Does B6 have a "five year contract" with it's pilots? After which B6 can either renew or send you packing once your five is up...provided they don't like you or they need to cut overhead etc.

Sorry if this raises up ugly questions but I need a pilot employed at B6 to answer this question please.

Andy

I believe this has been discussed several times already.

The JB pilot contract is for a five year period - with an amendment added to the contract in 2001 extending the pay scale to ten years. It is an "Evergreen" contract - meaning it automatically renews. When the first contracts hit the automatic renewal period, don't expect to see any purging of senior pilots. JB management knows that would be a critical mistake. To do so would create an adversarial relationship with the pilot group - something that is simply not in the values.

People are constantly looking for chinks in B6's armor. Anything to feed a rumor is spread as fact. Thanks for asking politely and not trying to flame bait the gang on these boards.

Now - betcha a dime by then end of the day someone hijacks this thread into a JB-bashing fest yet again....
Cheers!
AKAAB

I'm no JetBlue fan, but there are no problems with JetBlue's pilot contract. Much has been made about the fact that it's five years. United, my former and (hopefully) future employer, currently has a six year pilot contract.

Andy said:
I'm no JetBlue fan, but there are no problems with JetBlue's pilot contract. Much has been made about the fact that it's five years. United, my former and (hopefully) future employer, currently has a six year pilot contract.

The difference is Jet Blue's is not a collective bargaining agreement. It's a contract between the company and the individual pilots. Check out www.APAPDP.org for a comparison of airline contracts, including JB.

Not exactly what I'm looking for...

Sorry but now that I have read your responses and reread my post I don't think I was very clear. This "contract" I'm asking about has nothing to do with a labor contract. I have hear as far as your individual emloyment is concerned you have a 5yr deal after which B6 can re-evaluate whether or not you are an asset or a liability.

Just wondering if this is true or not?
Andy

I'm AKKHMED da thread Hijaker

So what that means kiddies,

:D

is that at Jet Blue you better pick up trash and kiss a$$, or you'll
find yourself turning in your LAPTOP **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ITT!!!!!!!

Ok Hijack off.....

Seriously though, I haven't heard of a single person at Blew
whose contract hasn't been renewed.

uummmm,

right? I mean, that hasn't happened has it?

:eek:

Scared?

Maybe you guys aren't scared, but you sure are touchy. And defensive.

The guy was just asking if you have a five year "agreement" for employment. That is true. Nobody has tested the waters on the end of the "agreement". True.

I personally know a pilot who flew for JB for 2 months and then left for a major freight carrier about 19 months ago. So if he can break the "agreement" and the no-compete clause wasn't applicable(he wasn't going back after a furlough), certainly the company can terminate the employment of the employee at the end of the "agreement".

That is something that a prospective employee ought to know. Also true.

Of course no employer would ever think of terminating an employee at the end of an "agreement". True?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back