JetBlue 16 July Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great email

I got the "good news" email today from jetBlue !! Evidently my verbal skills outweighed my writing skills (see original posting).

I got the bad news letter from Dean today. It said I wasn't competitive with the other candidates that interviewed that day. I was a bit shocked that 7400 hours of jet time and Captain time on the Airbus and 737 along with what I thought were wonderful stories to all their questions wasn't good enough. An hour after I opened the bad news snail mail Dean letter I got an email from the HR person Teresa that I interviewed with whom I sent a thank-you letter to following the interview. She said she enjoyed getting to know me and she wished me luck with the rest of the process. I'm a bit preplexed to say the least. Has jetBlue met their US Airways quota? Does one hand talk to the other there? I really believed I gave an upbeat and positive attitude during the interview. I guess my fate is forever sealed at Useless Airways. Propjok can rejoice in a mainline pilot's defeat tonight.

Duke (or should I say, "Duale")
Good on ya! Caddaddy, sorry about the bad news. Hang in there, it all happens for a reason. I know that doesn't help, but it looks like you are still employed at least. Given the way things are looking into the next several quarters, it is great to at least still be flying. Good Luck,

-#1W

Caddaddy,

I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't selected. There's really no good way to tell why that was the case, I'm afraid. But I can clear up a little bit for you.

An hour after I opened the bad news snail mail Dean letter I got an email from the HR person Teresa that I interviewed with whom I sent a thank-you letter to following the interview. She said she enjoyed getting to know me and she wished me luck with the rest of the process. I'm a bit preplexed to say the least.

The reason you got the email was just because Teresa wanted to wish you luck, and wanted to return your courtesy. She didn't get the word because she isn't responsible for final selection. She met you, made her notes, and her part was over. It's not really a lack of coordination, since she was responding to a personal note, not implementing company policy. Hope that helps clarify the process some.

P.S. Pay no attention to Propjok. I was in his shoes last year, and I don't remember trying to take out anything on mainline pilots. Unprofessional. He's in the minority, I think. Hang in there.

Thanks Jeff G (and others)

I have been meaning to post this for a while, but life being what it is in the summer months, I haven't had time. In the spring I asked a lot of questions about jetBlue on this board, and the majority were answered by Jeff G. Needless to say, the answers were very helpful, and I am starting with jetBlue on August 5th. To Jeff G and any others who take the time to offer advice and answer general questions about jetBlue, a heartfelt thanks. Hopefully we will get the chance to fly together.

With Gratitude,

Iceback

Latest resources

Back