Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Saw a job posting for astra crew in ATL with this company. Anyone know anything about this outfit. The good bad and ugly?

they are now a big comglomerate; Jetselect/Sentient combined a while back, typical 135 charter stuff, average pay, average quality of life, lots of broken promises for upgrades and new equipment. I gave up on the ATL corporate scene a couple of months ago, went to Mississippi for a part 91 gig, no regrets.

Wrong!

You have no idea what you're talking about Tiger. JetSelect is a privately owned company in Columbus, OH and one of the best 135 gigs out there. They have 16 planes scattered around the country. JetSelect has nothing to do with Sentient other than flying trips for them occasionally.

let me guess.. Matt Goulet, Dan Lucy, Bob Austin, Chris Cumberland, Gordon McSwain...yeah, I've never heard of 'em.

JD = broken promises

they are now a big comglomerate; Jetselect/Sentient combined a while back, typical 135 charter stuff, average pay, average quality of life, lots of broken promises for upgrades and new equipment. I gave up on the ATL corporate scene a couple of months ago, went to Mississippi for a part 91 gig, no regrets.

In your posting if you substitute "Jet DIRECT" for Jet Select, you would be correct in everything you said. Jet Select may be an OK group (I really know very little about them), whereas Jet Direct I do know, and they really know how to break a good promise. They will promise you anything to get you in, but after you sign up, forget everything they told you.

I have personal experience flying with JetSelect and you couldn't find a better group in the 135 biz. I've never seen a broken promise, they take good care of their own, and they play by the rules, period. As with anything in life, some people may not fit (TigerDriver) - and that's fine. But having worked for some fools and some great people in 135...JetSelect is by far superior to any operation I've come across in 12 years of aviation, including many 121 outfits. You won't find a better 135 home in the biz.

AZT

I have personal experience flying with JetSelect and you couldn't find a better group in the 135 biz. I've never seen a broken promise, they take good care of their own, and they play by the rules, period. As with anything in life, some people may not fit (TigerDriver) - and that's fine. But having worked for some fools and some great people in 135...JetSelect is by far superior to any operation I've come across in 12 years of aviation, including many 121 outfits. You won't find a better 135 home in the biz.

AZT

AZ
Do you fly FOR them or WITH them? Are you still there? If not then they're not as good as you say.
If so, what's your schedule like?

Latest resources

Back