Jet Corp Sold!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sky Pirate said:
ok, so I talked to my buddy who work over at SummitJet over in FRG. This is one of the recent 135 companies that Jet Direct bought. What he says is that that Jet Direct curently has 2 or 3 more companies that they plan on purchasing. One of them is Spirit Aviation out of VNY and there are a couple that they are looking at that are in Texas and Florida. According to my source, the plan is to merge all these companies into one certificate and set up a domocile system similiar to those at Netjets, Flex, FLOPs, and CS. The future bases seem to be the following. Headquarters in PA, Northeast FRG, Mid West SUS, West Coast VNY, SouthWest DAL, and possibly a Florida base PBI or FLL as well. Total aircraft, somewhere around 96.

Looks pretty interesting

They are also looking at an operator in Frisco too...

Red--Are you laid off AA, by any chance? TC

Flying Illini said:
haha! I meant, how are things at...ahhh, nevermind! :laugh:

HEHE! I couldn't pass that one up.

Things are good we are busy, looking for F/O's

If you have the time, upgrades are running a bit over a year, flying about 500/year 2500tt I think is the min for upgrade.

Schedule is 11 and 4, and home about half that, maybe a bit more or a bit less depending on our load, you know how it is with 135.

Right now, for our size, we got a pretty good thing goin on for an entry level job, it's perfect.

I think the future looks bright for jetcorp, and especially charter, although the plan and direction to get there is uncertain, it can't help but succeed with the backing that we have.

Did I mention we were busy?

sb

scubabri said:
I think the future looks bright for jetcorp, and especially charter, although the plan and direction to get there is uncertain, it can't help but succeed with the backing that we have.
Is the plan and direction really uncertain, or are you just not privy to that type of info? I'm sure the MGMT has a pretty good idea of where they/you/we are headed, but just because they do not share the particulars with you and I does not mean a plan and direction are non existant. What say you?

RedBehren said:
I dont know about the actual running of the fbo/charter namesake, but I can tell you from first-hand experience that the equity/finance wing of Jet Direct is VERY well funded, VERY well run and WILL meet their goals - mark my word. The guys behind the roll-up are skilled, experienced and know what they are doing. They won't screw it up.

Equity/Finance, (Dad) great guy! FBO/Charter, (Son) clueless!

RedBehren said:
Negatron. Closest I ever got to AMR was an Eagle interview back in the early 90's. Jerks. :)

Why do you ask?

I had a guy on my jumpseat (before furlough) who's last name was Behren and, being a fighter pilot, his nickname was "red". He was one of the few people laid off before me at AA.

You're right, they are jerks! ;) TC

Blackjet said:
Is the plan and direction really uncertain, or are you just not privy to that type of info? I'm sure the MGMT has a pretty good idea of where they/you/we are headed, but just because they do not share the particulars with you and I does not mean a plan and direction are non existant. What say you?
My perception is that the plan is to grow. What I ment as uncertain is pay, qol, schedule, upgrades, new aircraft, new bases etc. all the things that matter to those who would make decisions for a career.

I am confident that the company is moving in a positive direction, I for one am excited about what might be and what I hope will happen with the direction of the company

sb

scubabri said:
What I ment as uncertain is pay, qol, schedule, upgrades, new aircraft, new bases etc. all the things that matter to those who would make decisions for a career.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. It would be nice to know those things, I agree with you there.

See you on the ramp Scubabri, where I'll be demonstrating the proper technique as how to roll that smokewagon on everytime. Don't be afraid to take notes.

Anyone know when JetCorp might start hiring again? TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back