Jet Corp Sold!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capthuff said:
The equity partnership that owns JetDirect (40N) and Summit (FRG) are behind Jet Corp too. Their goals are really BIG. Will they meet them? Time will tell. I think they want to rule the world. Putting them in the same breath as TAG is a disservice to TAG.
IMHO
Rule the World? Getting a little carried away there, aren't ya? Should their goals be small? Growing up, everyone tells you to dream big, then when you do, those same people tell you, "Oh, stop that. You're just dreaming".

I am not too sure about it being a disservice to TAG. The 2 companies are in 2 totally different markets and not in direct competition with one another. The folks at TAG don't sit up at night thinking about JetCorp and JetCorp folks don't sit up at night worrying about TAG.

Lets not forget TAG's history. Was TAG not the company that bought the Wayfer Group a few years back (late 90s) that put them on the map? The answer is yes. TAG did not become some great aviation company overnight and by their excellent work. The Wayfer acquisition was what started TAG in the direction they are going to this day. Without Wayfer, TAG might have a decent presence in Europe, but they would not have the clientel domestically that they have today. Ask the folks over at US Bank their thoughts on TAG.

As for disservice, putting TAG's name in the same breath with Privatair would be a disservice to Privatair.

What does this acquisition mean for Jet Corp (SUS)?

DOH!!!!! Somebody has done their homework. C-huff, he got you there.

Blackjet, are you former (or current) TAG/Wayfer or just keep up with the industry?

Blackjet said:
Rule the World? Getting a little carried away there, aren't ya? Should their goals be small? Growing up, everyone tells you to dream big, then when you do, those same people tell you, "Oh, stop that. You're just dreaming".

I am not too sure about it being a disservice to TAG. The 2 companies are in 2 totally different markets and not in direct competition with one another. The folks at TAG don't sit up at night thinking about JetCorp and JetCorp folks don't sit up at night worrying about TAG.

Lets not forget TAG's history. Was TAG not the company that bought the Wayfer Group a few years back (late 90s) that put them on the map? The answer is yes. TAG did not become some great aviation company overnight and by their excellent work. The Wayfer acquisition was what started TAG in the direction they are going to this day. Without Wayfer, TAG might have a decent presence in Europe, but they would not have the clientel domestically that they have today. Ask the folks over at US Bank their thoughts on TAG.

As for disservice, putting TAG's name in the same breath with Privatair would be a disservice to Privatair.

Sky Pirate said:
Just saw on the internet today that Jet Direct out of PA, acquired Jet Corp out of SUS, bringing the total fleet size to 33 aircraft. Jet Direct also owns a company out of FRG that has Gulfstreams, Challengers, and Hawkers. Anybody have any inside info on this( hiring, pay future plans)? It seems as though this may be the next Tag.

Darn, that's what I get from missing staff meetings. :D

Future, hard to see, always in motion it is.

sb

scubabri said:
Darn, that's what I get from missing staff meetings. :D

Future, hard to see, always in motion it is.

sb

Well, how is life currently down there in SUS? :)

I dont know about the actual running of the fbo/charter namesake, but I can tell you from first-hand experience that the equity/finance wing of Jet Direct is VERY well funded, VERY well run and WILL meet their goals - mark my word. The guys behind the roll-up are skilled, experienced and know what they are doing. They won't screw it up.

I find big business so interesting. JetDirect put one of their LJ31s (N156JS) up for quick sale about 6 weeks ago. Now they have gone and purchased Jet Corp. Go figure. Perhaps they needed to raise some cash to complete the deal.

ok, so I talked to my buddy who work over at SummitJet over in FRG. This is one of the recent 135 companies that Jet Direct bought. What he says is that that Jet Direct curently has 2 or 3 more companies that they plan on purchasing. One of them is Spirit Aviation out of VNY and there are a couple that they are looking at that are in Texas and Florida. According to my source, the plan is to merge all these companies into one certificate and set up a domocile system similiar to those at Netjets, Flex, FLOPs, and CS. The future bases seem to be the following. Headquarters in PA, Northeast FRG, Mid West SUS, West Coast VNY, SouthWest DAL, and possibly a Florida base PBI or FLL as well. Total aircraft, somewhere around 96.

Looks pretty interesting

Flying Illini said:
Well, how is life currently down there in SUS? :)

From my perspective, life is good. Winter is almost over, and soon my heating bill will be below $100/mo and I can start eating out again.

The Hutu uprising has been quelled and word has it there is a new company called Apple that is doing this thing with this thing called a desktop computer. I don't know how well it will do, they are going to get some stiff competition from a guy named Bill Gates that's doing something with a thing called DOS or some sh!t like that.

Other than that... nothing to complain about, except maybe the clowns.. can't sleep, they'll eat me.

:-/

sb

scubabri said:
From my perspective, life is good. Winter is almost over, and soon my heating bill will be below $100/mo and I can start eating out again.

The Hutu uprising has been quelled and word has it there is a new company called Apple that is doing this thing with this thing called a desktop computer. I don't know how well it will do, they are going to get some stiff competition from a guy named Bill Gates that's doing something with a thing called DOS or some sh!t like that.

Other than that... nothing to complain about, except maybe the clowns.. can't sleep, they'll eat me.

:-/

sb

haha! I meant, how are things at...ahhh, nevermind! :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back