Jet Blue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick question for anyone who might know:
-Is LGB considered a 'junior' based? Senior?
-With regard to their mins- they list 1000 hrs PIC (must have 'signed' for the a/c), but don't require it be turbine- at least not the way it reads. Just want to confirm that this could be ANY PIC (as in my little Beech bug smasher).

Thanks in advance.

Shouldn’t U.S. Airways, United, Delta and Northwest be moved into this Forum?

Heck, U.S. Airways ticker symbol is LCC for crying out loud.

These "legacy" airlines now have lower pay than many of the previous "low cost carriers." Aside from perceived "job security", there is no financial reason to ever leave a LCC for a legacy anymore. I just don't see anyone making up the loss in seniority, pay and seat (all things being equal).

If you are in this industry for the travel benefits, then it is worth it to leave for a legacy. LCCs just don't provide the international business class travel that some wives have grown accustomed to.

Buck,
LGB is really senior, but several friends from newhire class held it in less than a year. As for the PIC time, I'm under the impression that piston would count, as long as you "signed" for the aircraft. By signing for it, I think that means it must be verifiable, not just logged in your CriCri homebuilt.
Good Luck,
BS

-With regard to their mins- they list 1000 hrs PIC (must have 'signed' for the a/c), but don't require it be turbine- at least not the way it reads. Just want to confirm that this could be ANY PIC (as in my little Beech bug smasher).

Thanks in advance.

There is a difference between Low Cost Carrier and Low Fare Carrier.

What? You are saying U.S. Airways is a Low Cost Carrier and other airlines are low fare carriers (LFC)? U.S. AIrways is now LCC, so I will assume that is what you mean. Who do you think are LCCs vs. LFC? Although I think these terms are meaningless.

My point was that legacy airlines now pay less than airlines like jetblue and often have less amenities. The term LCC is now irrelevant. A five year A320 captain at Jetblue makes 121 an hour and only 116 at U.S. Airways.

Thanks in advance.

You know there is a Jetblue section on this forum. LGB is very senior, Jetblue is basically an all East Coast airline. It's going to take a year or two to hold LGB FO and PIC is most likely never if you're hired today. Check your JB PIC requirement again, I'm not sure that's right, also they've got turbine weight restrictions so you have to look into that also, looks like JB is a RJ friendly airline. JB also has a competitive mins too you might want to check that out on their site.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back