• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was curious if Jet Blue is hiring furloughed pilots. I know Fedex isn't, except maybe some US Airways pilots.

Now, if they are hiring furloughed pilots, do they require you to resign your seniority? I think for alot of us, it may not matter anyway, but I just want to know the scoop before I apply. I read in the recent Airinc magazine that they had over 4000 apps anyway, but it doesn't hurt to apply.

Also, I am interested in military leave policy. I am a reservist and this shouldn't be an issue, but was just wondering. I have done some searching for info, but it seems pretty hard to find. As a non union company, do you work under a contract? Is there a copy of work rules for an applicant to look at?

I have searched Jet Blue on this board, but it is difficult to find alot of good info. Are there any current pilots that post on this board?

Thanks for any help..............

Yes jetblue does hire furloughed guys, and no we dont require you to resign you senoirity number. Infact most of my new hire class was furloughed from the other majors maybe about 75% and of the class of 24 only 2 had A320 time so that is not a factor. In the interview they are looking for a personality type just like southwest does.
Good luck Lookingforwork

Lookingforwork said:
I was curious if Jet Blue is hiring furloughed pilots. I know Fedex isn't, except maybe some US Airways pilots.

Now, if they are hiring furloughed pilots, do they require you to resign your seniority? I think for alot of us, it may not matter anyway, but I just want to know the scoop before I apply. I read in the recent Airinc magazine that they had over 4000 apps anyway, but it doesn't hurt to apply.

Hi, I only have a minute, but here's the skinny. JB hires furloughed pilots, and you don't have to give up your seniority number. You do have to sign a noncompete clause that commits you for two years. At least, it commits you from accepting recall for two years. If you must, you can still quit and go somewhere else.

Also, I am interested in military leave policy. I am a reservist and this shouldn't be an issue, but was just wondering. I have done some searching for info, but it seems pretty hard to find. As a non union company, do you work under a contract? Is there a copy of work rules for an applicant to look at?

Mil leave is no problem (by law), and we have a number of reservists and guardsmen. How you make your sched work with your unit is up to you, but there's no problem scheduling mil leave.

Yes, we signed individual contracts, but as far as I know, there's no copy available online for review. I'm not planning on posting one either. If you have specific questions I could probably answer them. Work rules are pretty good, though.

I have searched Jet Blue on this board, but it is difficult to find alot of good info. Are there any current pilots that post on this board?

Search on the "majors" board going back at least a year, and you'll find a lot of info where this came from. Might save you some time. Good luck! Later.

Thanks for your help. I read where JB bases in FLL and JFK, I guess FLL is the senior base? Any chance on being based there initially?

Again, JB seems to be the carrier of choice these days. I don't know anyone that works there, but friends of friends seem to love it.

I finished my online app and like thousands of others, waiting on a call. Again, thanks for your help!!! Any other info is appreciated!!

I'm new so don't take this as gospel but I hear FLL is junior for F/Os and senior for Captains. At the rate we're growing you can be senior pretty quick though. :D

Looking for work,

I can see you're new to the board but like Jeff G said, do a search and you'll actually find really good info. I know between Jeff, Race Pilot, myself and a few other guys we regularly respond to requests (for additional info) just like yours. Since we have no secrets to keep, we're all forthcoming with whatever we can add to the information circulation. From domicile expectations to interview questions, all that info has been posted on this board several times over.

So if after searching you still have some questions, just start another thread.

Despite the rumors (and we've been able to dispel this one rather well), having a buddy walk in your app or put in a good word for you won't get you the interview. It's not the good ole boy network. Once you've been interviewed it takes a couple of days to be notified of being passed on to Phase II (about 80% of those interviewed get passed onto Phase II for the background checks). About 90% of those in Phase II get hired. It's usually the background check that doesn't get resolved to the hiring board's liking.

The apps are downloaded every 6 weeks. So update yours monthly. Make sure when you do you update your availability date. Then go back to make sure the update actually took place. Some guys have been having a difficulty since there are some basic fields you have to change in order for the update to happen.

The criteria across the board might change for each interview period because they're seeing a change of qualifications in applicants. So if you pass on an interview one month, you go back into the pile and compete from scratch all over again.

Hope this helps.

Happy landings

lookingforwork,

JetBlue is in full compliance with the USERRA laws which dictate military leave issues. The airline meets both the spirit and letter of the law and if you have any specific questions about this please feel free to PM me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back