Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue~thanks For The Open House Today (12dec06)!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blade,

<<just make sure you sit down and take a conservative realitic look at your future -both short and long term. you may be an fo for longer than you think. >>

You have nailed it. There is only one seat out of 4 at jetblue that even remotely approaches a career-particularly when considering all of the non base pay issues. The other three seats pay less than anyone with reasonable time at a regional. The cuts in growth will draw more attention to the fact that most of the pilots here make sh!t wages. They gained a lot of mileage at JB by promising a quick upgrade on the bus along with pie in the sky option and stock purchase projections.

The reality of the Dave and David show is settling in and the unrest will grow unless they curb it. Next week will tell us a lot.

"Next week will tell us a lot."

OK, I'll bite what is going on next week?

I think my expectations are in line Blade (and I do never the less thank you for making me take a second look. Secondly, roger on the "inner geek check"). Second year pay as an fo on the bus (60-70K, I assume) comes close to what I make as a capt at my regional and at least there is some long term potential for more pay. As it stands right now I'm pretty much at the top of my pay scale (sans a few bucks for longevity) unless a flow through happens and I'm not holding my breath any longer waiting for that lottery ticket. One can't attach a price to more days off, a change of pace trip wise and nicer equipment. Not to mention eventually more time off with my family, even seeing my boys one or two more days a month would be worth going back to reserve for a while short term.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back