Jet Blue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boxjockey

Okay for all you Blue Dudes, I need some help. My girlfriend is working on her MBA, and has to argue an airline case, from the management side. She is compiling information, and one of the airlines she needs info from is JB. If anyone is willing to email me a copy of your contract, that would be excellent. If not, could you at least post the section about seniority, or explain how the seniority system works there. I suspect it's the same as everywhere else, but if there are any differences for protection, furloughs, etc. Thanks in advance for the help.

Box

boxjockey said:
Okay for all you Blue Dudes, I need some help. My girlfriend is working on her MBA, and has to argue an airline case, from the management side. She is compiling information, and one of the airlines she needs info from is JB. If anyone is willing to email me a copy of your contract, that would be excellent. If not, could you at least post the section about seniority, or explain how the seniority system works there. I suspect it's the same as everywhere else, but if there are any differences for protection, furloughs, etc. Thanks in advance for the help.

Box

Good one. Here we go again.

This is in no way flame bait. Look at all of my posts, and see if you can find even a smolder in there anywhere. This is simply a request from the GF, and it would be great if one of you folks could help.

box

There's not much to tell. That section consists of a single paragraph. Most of it just sets forth how seniority is determined (DOH, then DOB) and how it accrues. The meat of the section just says "seniority shall govern all assignments and reassignments due to expansion or reduction in schedules and all awards of monthly trip selections and positions..." That seems clear enough.

There are other sections regarding job security, but those don't impact seniority directly. Mostly this section specifies that you'll be paid minimum guarantee for the life of the agreement even if you're not needed to fly.

Latest resources

Back