Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetop flyer

For you Jet Blue pilots out there...

Are there any plans to start more service throughout the midwest? Any plans for a pilot base in the Midwest? Thanks...sure looks like a fun place to work!

TF

Well,

No and
No and
Yes, it certainly is!

The basic premise is to go where we can get in/out of easily. Chicago just isn't it. STL is too dominated otherwise.

I've heard things like San Antonio, the Carolinas, Portland, etc. (and not from the pilots, but the guys who actually know something). But until the 27 slots in LGB are being utilized profitably and established, don't look for any short term growth anywhere else.

They'll manipulate the LGB slots to best fit the needs of the pax (i.e. not as many OAK runs, maybe throw in some SEA, etc.).

The long term growth is being held as close to the vest as you'd expect. So many of us commute, we're all vying for our family's home town too.

For this next month of Oct, we have so much flying out of LGB, we're throwing crews into reserve at the hotel.

We've all heard that OAK will be the next crew base (FLL is the 2nd crew base starting 1 Nov) by the end of next year. I don't even want to get my hopes up about that one, but the rumor won't die.

Happy landings

Latest resources

Back