• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Jeff G for your information. It has been very helpful. Application is on file and will see how it all shakes out.

More thank to Jeff G.

Thanks for shedding a little more light.

Fly safe

Jeff G said:
No, there's no requirement for 1000 hrs PIC in a/c over 20,000 lbs, so it can't be firm. There are two 1000 hr requirements:

1000 hrs turbine PIC in airplanes
1000 hrs in airplanes over 20,000 lbs max TO wt

hmmm, then it appears there has been a change from last year when I was called for an interview with JUST meeting the 1000 pic turbine, and zero time in a/c over 20,000lbs. Additionally, no 121 time, 7000+tt, all corp/135, and three type ratings...just fyi.

BUT that was last year...now, I suspect if they wanted to throw in Airbus experience, they could still fill the classes...

Ultrarunner,

I remember you going through the process right before I did. The people that would call you for the interview were contracted by jetBlue, so the quality was some what of a crap shoot. Therefore, you just weren't asked about the 20000# requirement. This is now done by jetBlue employees. Also, they did not have a 1000 hr. PIC requirement at the time. So, in short, yes the times are indeed different.

JayDub

As long as we are talking "firm" times, that also includes 100 hours (I don't know if it has to be PIC) in the last 12 months. No requirement on size of AC, however.

Some specific examples.....former F15 pilot on non-flying tour. Spends the time/money to stay current in light aircraft as CFI during the tour.....HIRED.

Former 141/C17, T37 IP on Pentagon tour. Not flying. Got call for interview. Prior to "final arrangements" to get him booked for interview date, Bernice asked "have you flown 100 hours in the last 12 monts?" When he said no, no interview was offered.

Part 121 FE for large, night flying, frieght operation. Plenty of military experience prior. Gets call, same as above reaction. FE time did not count!

As for me--I think I will be very happy where I will be working. However, JetBlue looks like a great company and a fun place to work. The word is out--the qualified guys are all applying--so as Jeff G mentioned I suspect if you are *right on the ragged edge* of qualifications you may have a tough time.

Side note: Jumpseated home on an AirTran flight and heard a south Florida businessman pontificating on his choices for travel. He said "it used to be Delta, but they have gotten to be a *pain in the @ss* (his words...not mine). He said he used AirTran when able to get around the SE, and used JetBlue (his second favorite) to get to NY for business. As we've mentioned on lots of other threads, it does seem like the fresh young upstarts are starting to nibble market share away from the more established guys. Again---not trying to throw flamebait out here--just observing our changing business.

I'd also like to suggest everyone on the boards go out and FedEx a package somewhere to somebody they know.

Fly safe...

Albie

Everything Albie and Jeff G writes above, of course, is right on target regarding jetBlue. Just to add to their points...anyone interested in the opportunity, do yourself a big favor, and get aquainted with their website: www.jetblue.com
Not only will it answer all of the minimums questions you might have, but it is extremely informative and easy to navigate. Yes, the minimums did change mid-2001. Yes, everything is published on the website, including the free pilot application.
BTW, Albie, check your PMs. Thanks.

Im curious as to how long it takes to get called for an interview. I meet all the requirements, and am currently flying for a commuter to keep me current. (furloughed pilot here) I filled out my application in August, and still havent got any call for an interview.
Any help out there?

There's no way of knowing. Absolutely none at all. The pool is constantly shifting, and your place in the pool is fixed only when a snapshot is made to select interviewees. You have a certain unique mix of qualifications, and you can't say exactly which ones will matter when it's sorted out. You also don't know what the quals are for everyone else in the pool. So it's not random, but it's impossible to determine unless you know the contents of the entire pool and the exact criteria for selection.

FWIW, you're doing what you can to keep your quals up. Make sure you fill out the new app when it's finalized in the next few weeks. It will let you update online, too.

flynsafe,

Just got back from the Air Inc. conference in Dallas. They passed out an informational note that indicated that JetBlue does have a military time conversion factor of .3 per hour.

Good luck,
backflip

Latest resources

Back