• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The mil conversion factor must be brand new. I did not convert any times.

For those interested, I applied July 2001. Talked to Dean Melonas and Shelley Wells at the ATL Air Inc Conference that same month. (Shelley, no longer works at jetBlue by the way.) E-mailed Dean, an update to my flight time in Dec 2001. He wrote back a couple of days later thanking me for the update. Received a call in January 2002 by Bernice Murphy asking availability for a Feb interview. Absolutely agreed to the Feb 12 interview date and she confirmed all the minimums and asked a couple of questions over the phone. She sent out the package overnight. Now eagerly awaiting Feb 12 and hoping I can communicate how much I want to work for them without stepping on my crank. Absolutely excited about the company.

On line application is being renewed like Jeff G stated above, so no longer is it necessary, or preferred, to send an e-mail update to Dean. He is way too busy. Everything can be handled via their website including application requirements, etc.

I don't have any magic answers as to why I was lucky enough to secure an interview date, although, I highly recommend talking to the people department at an AEPS or Air Inc conference. That could not have hurt and I learned a lot about the company from my visit. Until then, stealing a line from a good friend, "my fingers are so crossed they're turning blue"

oops...correction to my above post. Apparently, Shelley Wells still does work at jetBlue, just not at the Kew Gardens office anymore. Sorry. Thanks Evil

Hi All,

Just got back from the Air Inc job fair. Looks like from hearing all the airlines reps talk about their hiring plans and the current glut of very qualified pilots on the street, the mins are no longer good enough. Example is Jet Blue, who passed a letter out from Dean Melonas. The letter stated that interviews are granted on a basis of competive evaluation. Candidates being offered interviews have the follwing qualifications:

6000-10,000 total hrs
3000 Hrs PIC Turbine
2500-3500 hrs greater than 20,000 lbs
Glass cockpit instrumentation
A320 type and/or experience in left or right seat.

The new E-application will be on line in mid Feb and all previous E- Apps will be purged. I asked if Mil guys get a break on the hours and the answer is a fuzzy "yes". If a mil guy has quality PIC time that is taken into condersideration. With the future growth of JB todays new hires will be next years Captains.

Do not be discourged this event will be short lived like it was in the early 90's.

byeUS Air
DOF 12/01

I got a call from a friend of mine who interviewed on Dec 12th. He told me that he was contacted by jetBlue today with a hire notification, and was offered a Feb 4th class. He had to turn it down because he is under a stop-loss restriction and can't get down to Miami that quickly.

He is a 20-year career military guy with approximately 4500 hrs in heavy transport/reconnaissance aircraft. I thought this was an extremely quick notification by the airline. When I was hired over a year ago, it took almost two months to the day to get the call, and I thought that was pretty quick then. I know the process has been slower in recent times.

Has anyone else been called from the Dec12th interview group?

Good Luck to everyone waiting for the call!

Latest resources

Back