Jet Blue Merger???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

Last night on guard freq, there was a lot of questions about Jet Blue merging or getting bought out by either American or TAM. Apparently it had been on the news. Can't find anything on it...just a rumor?

Where everyone gets the most up to date and reliable info!

Last I knew foreign ownership was limited. And as for American buying Jetblue, AA a company that has been losing money for years, currently in major labor battles I dont think they are buying JetBlue. LH as a part of JetBlue and do you think they are going to see to AA. Lets see AA is Oneworld, LH is a anchor member of Star Alliance. But ask a AA or JetBlue passenger probably more reliable than the guard freq. I did a quick google search and FAA Law prohibits a foreign carrier from owning more than 25%.

I'm surprised that anyone could glean any information on guard frequency with the nonstop "you are on guard", "stop talking on guard" and people saying "so are you" and "you are on guard too".

...AA a company that has been losing money for years...
I love it, how much money has AA actually lost and made in the last 10 years? Do you seriously believe they have lost more money in the last 10 years then they made...ever? It is all accounting games and tricks, if you can't make money some how, somewhere you eventually have to close the doors.

I love it, how much money has AA actually lost and made in the last 10 years? Do you seriously believe they have lost more money in the last 10 years then they made...ever? It is all accounting games and tricks, if you can't make money some how, somewhere you eventually have to close the doors.

This logic seems to escape many of the kool-aid drinkers.

Great post!!

Have you heard of the cashless transaction? Stock Swap?

If AMR wants to buy them, they could. They could not do a hostile takeover though, they do not have that sort of cash to burn. The only way that would happen is if one of those Fort Worth Super money funds got in on the game, and frankly that is quite possible.

I always suspects a AMR/B6 and the PHL-CLT ops of LCC, with parts going to SWA and DAL.

Cool - another "who's buying JetBlue" thread. Always enlightening.

Have you heard of the cashless transaction? Stock Swap?

If AMR wants to buy them, they could. They could not do a hostile takeover though, they do not have that sort of cash to burn. The only way that would happen is if one of those Fort Worth Super money funds got in on the game, and frankly that is quite possible.

I always suspects a AMR/B6 and the PHL-CLT ops of LCC, with parts going to SWA and DAL.

Yes, the valuable LCC PHX hub will be sold to Brian Bedford. Happy days for all!

All this extraneous chatter on an emergency frequency? I'm no "guard cop", but I would have keyed they mic every time someone spoke to block the chit chat, then give a reminder that there are frequencies for pilot chit chat.

Latest resources

Back