Jet Blue IPO - any ESOPs coming soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

For all you jet blue guys, are you buying into the company? I think the prospects look pretty good - what is the indisde word?
Also, since it is very hard to get into the IPO I was wondering if they have made any specail provisions for employees? I think this compnay is gonna fly!

Any comments!

There are provisions for employees to buy into the stock at or below the IPO price. You can't have as much as you want, but it's pretty generous. It's not an ESOP, since it's strictly voluntary and there are no restrictions on flipping the stock right away once you own it. But, yes, I'm in and so are most of the other pilots I've talked to. Remember also that this is just the first offering, and only about 13% of the company is being offered at this time. There's a lot more upside than downside here.

Jeff,

When does the IPO happen? Buying a few shares might make me feel a little better since I passed up working there. At least if you guys "explode" like I think you will I can share in some of the profits.

Albie

Supposedly sometime this week. Friday? Nobody really knows. Keep watching this space.

Stock price

Jeff and Albie,

We're just finishing up our last week down here in MIA. Dean and the gang are here today welcoming the new class of 20. We're being told 11 April for the IPO date and somewhere in the range of $22-24 per share.

We just got in under the cutoff date to participate in the Directed Shares Program. Dave and David initially set the date at "those on the property prior to 28 Feb". They revisited the issue (since 40 new employees (16 pilots) showed up for indoc on 4 Mar). They were generous enough to extend the date to the rest of us as well. Talk about 1st class, standup guys!!

Albie, et al--

Don't think there will be a lot of consumer JBLU stock out there at the IPO. Last I heard (and this was very unofficial) practically all of the available stock was to be sold to commercial/large market equity firms, leaving slim pickings for the "little guy" during the actual IPO.

But, once it starts trading for a day or so, you ought to be able to jump into the fray.

Best of luck to all!

Thats relatively standard for new companies.

The underwriters pump up demand for 48 hours to a week or so, and then you as John Q Public pay a premium before it dives a bit.

In 1999 or 98, I bought Columbia sportswear on IPO day. Dumb dumb dumb. Although I love their products, I bought it around 24, an 18 month high. I sold the following year and bigger than Dallas, Investor's Business Daily and others recommended it and it blossomed. See why I went to FedEx....I'm a financial GENIUS, I tell you. Better have a good pension to housekeep for my stupid act....

Point is....don't buy day one. Might not buy day 30. But if you have vision....and you want to hold this stock 1-5 years....keep your eyes open--your chance to buy will happen.

Good luck to all you JB guys...I know you are locked in for 5-7 years with your options, so don't get cocky and don't spend money you don't have in your hand yet. That aside--good luck. Buy me a beer when you get rich and please send all your stuff on FedEx.

Albie

Latest resources

Back