Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AnimalTale said:
Word of Advice:

This is the Airline Industry. Find a mean, other than your airline, to support your retirement. Also know that u could be out of a job, at a blink of an eye. HAVE A BACKUP.

Knowing these two things. Enjoy your FLYING JOB. Go FLY for who u want to. Go interview with JB. Take the job and if things go bad and u r going to lose your job (i doubt this will happen). Well you have a backup, and on to your next airline or job, U go.

Good luck,

Cya

EXCELLENT ADVICE!!! flying planes should be done for FUN...not for MONEY, a second source of income should pay the bills. this way you will continue to love flying and it will not be the only source of income if the flight doc decides you are done! unfortunately, that happens to pilots flying for the most stable, lucrative and profitable airlines/companies!

lazy8s Just ask Dave Barger or Al Spain at the interview said:
This and knowing that Dave and David are paid around $250,000 a year and both gave back 100% to JCCF, the employee hardship fund.

Am I foolish or can I call it integrity?

I am interviewing this week with JB. I have spent a large amount of time learning about the company's history, where they came from, how they got here and what there goals are. I know the general background of the key players as well. Now for the question.

I found all the gouge questions early on in the process and after quickly looking at them (must have been 100) I decided that I understood the general gist of what they were after and have not looked at them since.

Instead, I have gone over my logbooks and discovered I had a ton of stories to tell and I can only hope that I can draw on them to fit a scenario based question that I may be asked.

In recent years, (UAL in particular) the gouge is what got you in the door. It always seemed like a "Stump the chump" session with technical issues and if you did not aquire and use the information that was out there you were percieved as unprepared.

Hopefully, I have not made a mistake in my preparation and they will be able to see me for what I present as a person. Regardless, it's too late now and I will live with my decision whatever the outcome.

Thoughts?

You will know next Wednesday if that was a good approach...

a319drvr said:
I am interviewing this week with JB. I have spent a large amount of time learning about the company's history, where they came from, how they got here and what there goals are. I know the general background of the key players as well. Now for the question.

I found all the gouge questions early on in the process and after quickly looking at them (must have been 100) I decided that I understood the general gist of what they were after and have not looked at them since.

Instead, I have gone over my logbooks and discovered I had a ton of stories to tell and I can only hope that I can draw on them to fit a scenario based question that I may be asked.

In recent years, (UAL in particular) the gouge is what got you in the door. It always seemed like a "Stump the chump" session with technical issues and if you did not aquire and use the information that was out there you were percieved as unprepared.

Hopefully, I have not made a mistake in my preparation and they will be able to see me for what I present as a person. Regardless, it's too late now and I will live with my decision whatever the outcome.

Thoughts?

I don’t think I’d call it “integrity”. You’d be pretty stupid not to do as much research as you could regarding the interview process and type of questions asked. In fact, the guy that interviewed me asked me what websites I used to find gouge on the interview process. I told him flightinfo.com, aviationinterviews.com, etc. He thanked me for being honest and said he hates it when people sit there and tell him they didn’t have any gouge. Either they’re lying (probably), or they didn’t consider the interview important enough to do a little research.

Well that about covers the gamut of what to expect because a friend of mine that recently was hired at JB who used the same method as me was told specifically "We would have been very disappointed if you had studied the gouge".

Oh well, what they see is what they get I suppose.

a319drvr said:
Well that about covers the gamut of what to expect because a friend of mine that recently was hired at JB who used the same method as me was told specifically "We would have been very disappointed if you had studied the gouge".

Oh well, what they see is what they get I suppose.

you can just tell them that you have spent a significant amount of time researching and learning all aspects of the company. that just about covers everything without giving any details. if they probe you can tell them that you have researched the "interview process and its style" and talked with many B6 pilots etc etc...i agree it wouldn't be the smartest move to just come out and say "....i got the gouge on the web."

And then you should volunteer to work for free because we are so lucky to have a job flying, huh wndshr?

FJ

Falconjet said:
And then you should volunteer to work for free because we are so lucky to have a job flying, huh wndshr?

FJ

just wondering...falconjet...what would possibly interest a cargo 727 FE to read through this thread?

Just nimrods like you suggesting we are all lucky to have jobs and should be happy to fly for free.

What about you?

FJ

Latest resources

Back