• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Aircraft and Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a new hire were to get the A320 out of class, about how long would it take to get out to Long Beach? Would one be looking at a lengthy reserve once out there? Thanks.

How hard is it to get a LGB base and will it be possible to upgrade within 5 years there.

sligo1,
read this post. He asked about upgrades in Longbeach, Longbeach, hello, upgrade there compared to BOS are along way off, anyone that works there could figure that out.

and what other times are there than reserve, if you upgrade as soon as possible , which means you are junior, guess what, you are on reserve, Say they get ZERO airbuses next year and you upgrade this year, wow, I think you will be on reserve for along time, but still a captain right?

Unless things change dramatically you will not hold A320 captain in LGB until probably around year 8 or 10. That's a conservative estimate.

The problem there is that the LGB flying cannot grow at all. Plus, there are plenty of young A320 captains already there who aren't going to transfer anywhere. Add to that the number of guys already on the property who will bid A320 captain in LGB and you will have a very long wait to upgrade in LGB.

Now, with that being said, there is talk of a satellite domicile in OAK. Not exactly sure how it would work, but that could increase west coast domicile flying which, in turn, would create more upgrade opportunities. Also talk of bringing the E190 out west (not sure about a domicile yet or if it will be BOS/JFK flying).

Wish I had better news for all those who want to be based out west.

GP

Out of curiosity...

When new hires bid on aircraft; does the 320 go senior in the class or do people pick the 190 to get out of reserve faster...mix?

How are senior are day trips out of JFK on the E-190. Im going to the open house next Saturday and I am VERY interested in B6. A 20min drive down the Grand Central Parkway to work would be the best thing ever. Would not mind doing that for a LONG time. How long is reserv on the E-190?

Hey Guam 360

Yeah I didn't see the LGB that changes the whole ball of wax- 15 could be very true to hold a line out there. Who knows my crystal ball crapped out when I came to work here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back