JeppView Users (Questions)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

minitour

I'll be on vacation next week, so my laptop will be sent away to get the motherboard replaced. That means I'll finally have a Tablet PC that doesn't want to shut itself off.

With this in mind, I'll most likely be cancelling my paper subscription and begin using ONLY my NavSuite subscription.

I was wondering what type of paper y'all are using. Plain white paper? Jeppesen Paper?

If you're using the Jepp Paper, how's the quality?

Does the perferation(sp) rip the page in half easily? I'm worried about the airport diagrams or STARs/SIDs that use a "full sheet" of paper. I wouldn't want them to come apart.

I'll be using my inkjet (color) and the office black and white laser printer for printing and I'm looking at picking up a portable printer. Any other thoughts towards that?

Thanks for the opinions and thoughts. Hopefully in two or three weeks, I won't have to worry about a little bundle of joy every two weeks in the PO Box.

Thanks again,

-mini

Personally I'd keep the paper subscription. I prefer them. I've used dual EFB's in the cockpit with Jeppview, and never had more problems in my life. While jeppview itself may be okay, perhaps it's just because it's windows based, or perhaps it was the fujitsu EFB's...but more times than I can count I had a complete loss of chart information inflight when both EFB's locked up or slowed up.

I've never had the battery go bad on a paper chart, or a paper chart lock up. Ever.

Further, while some will print out the charts they need before they start a trip, that plan goes south as soon as one must divert. Just not a problem with paper charts that cover all the possibilities.

I use Jeppview on the Avidyne and carry a small laptop and portable printer up front where all the Jepp books used to be. I print out the days charts, if I don't have them already, and "if the plan goes south", I can easily pull out the portable printer and print out what I need in a few minutes. Works great.

As far as paper, I just use plain old printer paper.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back