JeppView/FliteDeck (pt 91/GA) users?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

minitour

Almost have the wife convinced it's time to switch to electronic charts.

A few questions, if I may.
1. What hardware you use up front to view the charts? I'd like to keep cost down, but don't want to lose any vital information (don't want to scroll to see Missed instructions as I'm going down the GS...things like that).

2. Reading the information, when you get the JeppView subscription, you also get a paper text (notams) enroute and area chart subscription...so there's no need to have them on the screen. High and low or just low altitude charts?

3. Does JeppView give you an option to view/print the charts that changed since the last revision date? I'm looking at keeping my paper service as up to date as possible along with the electronic charts...hoping I don't have to purchase both.

4. Do you usually buy the "Jepp Paper" or just the 7 hole punch and regular paper?

5. Inkjet or Laser printer and why?

Anything else you can think of, just let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!

-mini

Almost have the wife convinced it's time to switch to electronic charts.

A few questions, if I may.
1. What hardware you use up front to view the charts? I'd like to keep cost down, but don't want to lose any vital information (don't want to scroll to see Missed instructions as I'm going down the GS...things like that).
I use a fujitsu from flight deck research. I just edit out the non pertinant info. Make sure you get one where you can use your finger to select things on the screen in a jam. Some of them use a special pen which is great until you lose the pen. I've used a finger, the back of a pen, and a bunch of other stuff.

2. Reading the information, when you get the JeppView subscription, you also get a paper text (notams) enroute and area chart subscription...so there's no need to have them on the screen. High and low or just low altitude charts?
I have the paper charts in the plane. I use the tablet charts. Much easier to use. I'll explain later.

3. Does JeppView give you an option to view/print the charts that changed since the last revision date? I'm looking at keeping my paper service as up to date as possible along with the electronic charts...hoping I don't have to purchase both.
Yes you can print the charts, notams and enroute charts. I keep a 3 ring binder in the other seat that has all the info i need on paper. You can make what is route pack and print the whole pack. It would print everything you need.

4. Do you usually buy the "Jepp Paper" or just the 7 hole punch and regular paper?
3 ring binder and a 3 hole punch. Prints 2 jepp charts per paper.

5. Inkjet or Laser printer and why?
Laser just because its at home. :)

Anything else you can think of, just let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!
I would highly recomend you invest in a bluetooth card and a bluetooth gps. it works awsome. I'm also running xm wx on bluetooth so no wires. The bluetooth gps is awsome. It puts a plane on all the jepp charts while taxing, shooting the aproach and overlays over all the maps. Does away with the need 2 get out the paper charts.

Also with a subscription you can put it on 3 computers. So i have one on a tablet. One on a laptop that i can print from the road or fltplan and one at home that i use to print from.

Problem is the program was written by engineers not pilots. Not that intuitive. Make sure you use it before you hop in the plane and fly it.
Diesel

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back