Jeppesen vs. Lufthansa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjock

Does anybody use Lufthansa instead of Jeppesen for thier Collins series FMS updates (5000-6100)? If so what are the advantages and disadvantages besides price. Lufthansa is about $900 cheaper per year for what seems to be the same product. Thanks in advance.

I read somewhere that Lufthansa's data does not have all the non-airline used airports in it - and that they weren't in a particular hurry to add them to their database.

Cleared for the Teterboro approach - duh, no approach plates for the airport!!!!!!

I used the LIDO charts when I was at Jetblue. It was a bad experience. It was a less expensive product, but you get what you pay for. There were missing RNAV fixes (some manditory reporting points), missing published holding patterns (makes you sound stupid when you have to ask for the radial for the published holding pattern, I know from experience), and missing radials. This is a short list.
The only advantage was it claimed to have a better display format for the EFB's. We eventually returned to Jepps giving up the cost advantage.
Good luck.

We tried lufthansa and it was a mistake, like everyone else said. It is missing things you are used to like assigned headings after fixes on arrivals and departure procedures (like the TEB5), among other things...

Take a pass...

Latest resources

Back