jepp plates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

How do yo u check in the airway manual, that your jepp plates are current.
obviously you cant refer to the chart date. so where?
thanks

A checklist comes out once a year for the Jepps. It lets you check the entire thing at once. That is if you like punishment! It comes automatically in the updates.

leartwenty4

You have discovered one of the weaknesses of the "traditional" style Jepps. Jeppesen makes the assumption you are keeping them current with updates and actually doing the yearly checklist. If you did, then they are. We all know with multiple pilots usually doing jepps that they get mucked up a bit over time.

Therefore, do yourself a favor and switch to Q Service or Jeppview or better yet -- Go Paperless.

Last edited:
you could always check your revision log, and compare that with the calendar of scheduled updates, that will let you know if the updates are filed correctly

I forgot to mention. Doing the yearly checklist is about as much fun as driving hot daggers into your eyes, or waking up with you head sewn to the carpet. But after the multi-day ordeal is done you will finally know that the 1985 JFK airport diagram should have been updated by now. Meaning the person who was "supposed" to do the jepps that time probably pitched them in the circular file and signed the log off. I did one not too long ago so I wanted to convey how much I liked it.
Leartwenty4

Last edited:
Too bad Jepp doesn't have an onliine listing of current chart dates, like the annual checklist, only up-to-date each month. Hmmmm- I may e- customer service with a suggestion. (They'd probably charge for a peek, though!)

My airline specific Jepps now have a "list of effective pages." Don't know if all versions now have this. If they do, you could check there.

LowlyPropCapt said:
My airline specific Jepps now have a "list of effective pages." Don't know if all versions now have this. If they do, you could check there.

unfortunately that won't help you determine if a plate in the book is lost or outdated. it will only address affected pages of that particular revision.:)

Latest resources

Back