Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

For the experts of Jepp charts details:

1) What does the (Cpt) code means when it's located next to CLEARANCE DELIVERY on a 10-9 chart?

2) When the notes on an approach chart say RADAR REQUIRED, what does that mean exactly (I thought it meant that you need to have transponder)?

Thanks

2) When the notes on an approach chart say RADAR REQUIRED, what does that mean exactly (I thought it meant that you need to have transponder)?

The ATC facility requires RADAR to be operational in order for you to execute the approach as it's based upon RADAR vectors. No procedure turn required or available.

For the experts of Jepp charts details:

1) What does the (Cpt) code means when it's located next to CLEARANCE DELIVERY on a 10-9 chart?

Thanks

Cpt means clearance pretaxi.

Another question about Jepps. How is Mountain Wave depicted and what does the brown diamond symoblize? I have seen these in interview gouge postings, but can't find them in my Jepp legend.

Another question about Jepps. How is Mountain Wave depicted and what does the brown diamond symoblize? I have seen these in interview gouge postings, but can't find them in my Jepp legend.

Anything in brown on Jepp would be on a private, specialized edition. They are called "Tailored" charts. Back in the 1950's North Central Airlines had a great many private ADF routes off airways and mostly in uncontrolled airspace with all the courses, frequencys and MEAs in brown on the Low charts for Wisconsin and Minnesota. These days Northwest, for example, has "tailored" High charts with mountain wave areas depicted by the brown diamonds. Alternate mountain wave routes are shown, all in brown. On your dispatch any active mountain wave areas will be noted and the alternate route filed. This is done by the dispatcher working with Northwest's Turbulence Plot department. It is one of the best in the business. They now sell that service for those that want to buy that info.
D.C.

CPT= Clearance Pre-Taxi
Radar Required means that ATC uses radar to call the fixes(NO transponder needed). If you noticed, there are no radials/bearings to id the fixes on these approaches.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back