Jblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

billboeing

I finally submitted the online application. My application number is 13010. I hope that doesn't mean application number 13,010; or I will never get called. Waited this long due to knowing if I met the requirements. I was under the impression I needed 1000 turbine pic in aircraft weighing + 20000 lbs. It turns out, talking to the pilot recruitmer at the air inc in d.c. that 1000 turbine pic, 1000 in ac over 20000. So those of you who went to the same public school as I, turn your stuff in. It is an excellent Co. Looks like a terrific place to hang ur hat. THose who are interested about the air inc show, half the day is listening to the sales pitch and readings right out of the pilot development kit. Then the other half is devoted to the job fair. Problem; their is like 400 + pilots or so, and the lines are like disney world. With that being said if I get an interview out of the show it was worth my time and money. I sure hope jblue calls. Any advice would be appreciated .

Billboeing,

I highly doubt you'd get a call because of or in spite of going to the job fair. Supposedly the way to getting a call is strictly competitive. Right now, it's mainly Airbus experience and fighter pilots (don't even ask me how one is equal to another).

As far as submitting your app based on requirements, that is a common misconception. Basically, if the system takes your app, you meet the requirements. In my humble opinion, you should always let the respective company tell YOU no.

13,010 sounds about right. A few months ago, they said we had over 10,000 qualified applicants on file. I think they said we were getting something like 160 new apps a week, so the math works. You never know your chances, but one thing is for sure; you can't get called if you don't apply.

JayDub

Dude,

I hope they call you too. But I'd come up with a plan B. The truth is they won't call. Do you have a AirBus type rating? How will you stand-out? American Indian?? That won't work. Good luck bro, sorry to piss on your Corn Flakes but I'm just telling how I see it. Maybe they would call if you applied last year, but if you JUST applied, it will be over a year wait.

Good Luck, we're all counting on you.

Latest resources

Back