JBLU individual contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

Do newhires at Jblu still sign the individual contracts with the company.
Has the airline ever ended contracts for any pilots or do they automatically renew after 5 years?

You still have to sign it.

Has the airline ever ended contracts for any pilots or do they automatically renew after 5 years?
They automatically renew but it really doesn't matter because all JetBlue pilots are "at will" employees anyway--the significance of the 5 years is simply the length of the specific contract terms.

No pilot has been let go *at* the 5 year point, and a few years ago it was codified that the company can't non-renew without cause. They can still fire you for cause at any time, but they can't passively let your contract expire without cause. That's something anyway. Since this is the case, I have no idea why the contract has a fixed term anymore, auto-renewing or not.

No pilot has been let go *at* the 5 year point, and a few years ago it was codified that the company can't non-renew without cause. They can still fire you for cause at any time, but they can't passively let your contract expire without cause. That's something anyway. Since this is the case, I have no idea why the contract has a fixed term anymore, auto-renewing or not.

The only reason I can see for the 5 year term is to limit their liability for furloughs. If they furlough the PEA states they have to pay min guarantee for the duration of your contract. So if they furlough you after two years they have to keep paying you for 3 more years. Every 5 years the clock resets.

Latest resources

Back