• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB has a good year and great 4th qtr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For dbags that work at blue and bitch, I ask, why did you go there, and why do you go there tomorrow. If you are disappointed that you are receiving what you agreed to then speak with Obama. He's back into promising mode. But only be upset with him.

Lol bingo.

That doesn't mean not to advocate for improvements. I am very pro CBA. but stop whining.

Here come the goatee wearing bluebelles.

I personally enjoy the combat boots, the boots with metal rivets on them, the colored high tops, the doc martins with white stitching...

I could go on and on. I don't think we have the most professional looking uniform in the industry and due to the lack of quality of the product they wear even worse. That being said the people who wear it poorly do so with spectacular success.

For dbags that work at blue and bitch, I ask, why did you go there, and why do you go there tomorrow. .

From one dbag to another... to answer the second question, I have to pay the bills.

For the first. The reason I came to jetBlue was it was much better than my previous regional carriers. I think this company has a good future ahead of it and I like working here. I came here knowing there was no union. I came here knowing the pay scales and how poor the health care was (really don't care about that I use my wifes) and the lack of LOL/LTD/STD coverage. I came here knowing there was a below industry standard retirement. I WAS quite fine with that. But then something happened. I was told by my managment things would change.

Over the years our management team has made promises. Promises of fixes. Promises of raises. Promises of better retirement. Promises of standards. Promises promises promises. When you sit in front of the CEO and he asks you what your concerns are and you tell him these things, he "hears" you. You speak the the director of FLOPS and he says good things are just around the corner, but it's an "I.T." issue. When you hear the calls from the COO and he tells you that all the things you are asking for are in the works, however 3+ years down the pipe nothing has come to fruition. People get frusterated. People B!tch. People want you newbs to understand the future you will have.

When you take a job there are expectations of improvments. Whether that be carreer advancement more money a better office or whatever. When your superiors promise you better things you should expect them should you not? Frankly when I make a promise I do my darndest to stick to it and I expect others to follow in turn. When you fail on a consistant basis your credibility fails as well.

You all that whine about the whining with your comments like just go somewhere else, you knew when you came here, or why did you even go there at all are either nieve or have not spent enough time in the industry to know how it works.

If you all are ok with promises of (whatever insert anything) and are ok with getting less than promised or nothing what so ever that's ok. I will continue to hold managments feet to the fire and do my best to insure that the promises are kept.

If your here and I have a better schedule than you and make more money than you and I'm senior to you it's gonna be that way for the next 32 years so get used to it.

In the mean time your welcome, you will enjoy a better quality of life because of guys like me and lake and b6 and a whole handful of others, because we'll do the leg work and you can just enjoy it.

So in close if you don't like me or my "bltching" I don't give a crap, there's an ignore list that I'd be happy to populate for you. Hope this clears things up for ya.

Beach

OOh forgot, I had 16 days off in jan with 83hrs... I ended up with 21 days off and 83 hrs. Seriously, that's pretty cool. man, I almost don't even know how to be unsarcastic.

Last edited:
What amuses me the most is that after years in this industry, you actually BELIEVED them.

Name one time in the last 40 years a corporate manager hasn't lied.

Management lies. ALL of them. ALWAYS.

I don't believe any of their $hit. I am here because it's better than where I was. I am ok with it. I will vote yes for a union and hope for the best, but I wont count on a damn thing. If you do, you are a fool.

Name one time in the last 40 years a corporate manager hasn't lied.

Jonathan Ornstein... he told me that I would be [Redacted] and [Redacted] in the [Redacted] both frontways and sideways - and I was. :eek:

That being said, how about some West Coast expansion... 8th largest economy in the world, I'm sure that a few of those people would like to fly on jB.

But then something happened. I was told by my managment things would change.

Over the years our management team has made promises. Promises of fixes. Promises of raises. Promises of better retirement. Promises of standards. Promises promises promises. When you sit in front of the CEO and he asks you what your concerns are and you tell him these things, he "hears" you. You speak the the director of FLOPS and he says good things are just around the corner, but it's an "I.T." issue. When you hear the calls from the COO and he tells you that all the things you are asking for are in the works, however 3+ years down the pipe nothing has come to fruition. People get frusterated. People B!tch. People want you newbs to understand the future you will have.

When you take a job there are expectations of improvments. Whether that be carreer advancement more money a better office or whatever. When your superiors promise you better things you should expect them should you not? Frankly when I make a promise I do my darndest to stick to it and I expect others to follow in turn. When you fail on a consistant basis your credibility fails as well.

You all that whine about the whining with your comments like just go somewhere else, you knew when you came here, or why did you even go there at all are either nieve or have not spent enough time in the industry to know how it works.

If you all are ok with promises of (whatever insert anything) and are ok with getting less than promised or nothing what so ever that's ok. I will continue to hold managments feet to the fire and do my best to insure that the promises are kept.

If your here and I have a better schedule than you and make more money than you and I'm senior to you it's gonna be that way for the next 32 years so get used to it.

In the mean time your welcome, you will enjoy a better quality of life because of guys like me and lake and b6 and a whole handful of others, because we'll do the leg work and you can just enjoy it.

So in close if you don't like me or my "bltching" I don't give a crap, there's an ignore list that I'd be happy to populate for you. Hope this clears things up for ya.

Beach

OOh forgot, I had 16 days off in jan with 83hrs... I ended up with 21 days off and 83 hrs. Seriously, that's pretty cool. man, I almost don't even know how to be unsarcastic.

First... Thank You. I do appreciate your comments, and Lake Alice's. I want to see jB become a better place to work and I want to see it grow. (In fact, I would really like to see my juniority gain some seniority.) I also appreciate the leg work that you are doing - I expected some change since August, and I saw None Whatsoever. I also read and studied all of the spreadsheets and listened to the people I've flown with. What did George the 2nd say: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — You can't get fooled again."

No one talks to - or listens to - a junior puke like me, so keep posting and keep people informed. I will throw out that 'Seniority' and 'Entitlement' are not the same thing... You will have a better schedule than me (and planinum and vegetto) and make more money, because with seniority comes longevity and more control over your schedule. What I think is frusturating to everyone is the attitude of 'I got mine, now pull in the rope.' The 'I don't care what this airline does, as long as I get my 85 hours a month.' or even the sense of entitlement to a whole month of island-transcon deadhead returns. There are people who want to work more, and people who want to work less. If you want to work... then who hoo for you! You should be rewarded, but at the same time there should not be a whole class difference (haves versus have-nots) within the same pilot group.

I expect the leadership to keep to the same 'values' as I do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in·teg·ri·ty /ɪnˈtɛg
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
ti/
noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull.

Origin:
1400–50; late Middle English integrite < Latin integritās. See integer, -ity

Synonyms
1. rectitude, probity, virtue. See honor.

Antonyms
1. dishonesty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree to something, then you agree to it and it should be implemented. If there is a work-around, then do it... and if there isn't then it's ok too. Work with us. If a CBA is the only LEGAL solution - then we need a CBA. That is integrity - doing the right thing when no one is looking. That's what I do - that's what I bring to work. If I am having a bad day, if I am down... then I plaster a smile on my face and I still interact with the customers to the best of my ability. It's on those days that I have to work both harder and smarter - because that's who I am.

I expect my boss, and my bosses boss, ad infinitum ...to do the same.

In the end, it's an airline. And it's a business.

Since we are posting our schedule: In January, I basically had 20+ days off on reserve because of Long Call. So, I'm not complaining. In fact, I don't really know what to do with myself except sit around, watch the Military Channel and post on F.I. - I'm used to being on the road 22+ days a month and never being at home. People are wondering if I actually have a job because I am here. I'm sure this is going to change with hiring slowing down, but I will enjoy it while I can.

Ive flown 50hrs (total) in the past 3 months, whee! Ive logged more time playing Call of Duty MW3 than I have flying :)

Last edited:
so we get no health insurance now?

No.

We don't have health insurance.

We have the worst self-insured "health plan" in the entire airline industry.

It has gone from fair, to bad, to horrible (despite all of the early assurances) and it's about to get worse.

We are the ONLY major airline pilots in the world with a basic safety net.

DO NOT COME TO JETBLUE IF HEALTH CARE IS AN ISSUE FOR YOUR FAMILY!

"Breeders" aren't appreciated here.

For dbags that work at blue and bitch, I ask, why did you go there, and why do you go there tomorrow. If you are disappointed that you are receiving what you agreed to then speak with Obama. He's back into promising mode. But only be upset with him.

I AM NOT receiving anywhere close to what we agreed to.

But, then again, neither is jetblew. :laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back