JB files with NMB for representation today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Provide an update when AA and SW are in ALPA. :D

The important thing is they have a union. But it really boils down to the individual pilot group and what they do with their resources, whether they are SWAPA, APA, or ALPA.
The anti ALPA folks are often pilots who feel disappointed about their career for whatever reason, and want to blame ALPA. The reality is ALPA can't save anyone from crappy management decisions, nor can they prevent an individual pilot group from self-destructing. ALPA is not perfect but it is the best resource available and have certainly contributed more to the profession than any independent union has.

The important thing is they have a union. But it really boils down to the individual pilot group and what they do with their resources, whether they are SWAPA, APA, or ALPA.
The anti ALPA folks are often pilots who feel disappointed about their career for whatever reason, and want to blame ALPA. The reality is ALPA can't save anyone from crappy management decisions, nor can they prevent an individual pilot group from self-destructing. ALPA is not perfect but it is the best resource available and have certainly contributed more to the profession than any independent union has.

THIS!!!!!!!

Thank you Dan!!!!!

Well said. Good luck to the JBLU pilot organizers and all JBLU pilots.

The anti ALPA folks are often pilots who feel disappointed about their career for whatever reason, and want to blame ALPA. .

That's it in a nutshell.

To the guys I fly with that are anti-alpa I say, you can't vote with emotion, you vote with the facts....I ask them... " would you drive the most expensive car on the market without insurance"......the look on their faces is priceless!

Go out on medical and see how JB handles it?

Hi Scarlet, can you expand on that? From the comment I'm not sure if JB handled it well or screwed you. As a JB pilot I'd like to know. I've heard conflicting stories of guys like "Longhorn" on this board who have been treated well and I know others who weren't. Just like to hear the facts. Thanks.

The point is that you shouldn't even have to wonder...

If you need to go out on disability/medical for any reason it should be as
simple as getting the correct documentation from your AME/ doctor, provide this to the company and the rest should be automatic. As pilots
we shouldn't even have to wonder if we should be treated like pilot A (company guy) - pilot B (pro union guy) - pilot C (whomever)....

It should be simple enough so your spouse, etc. can make one phone call to
the company, in case you end up in a coma in a hospital bed in SJU-BUF-SFO-etc. Unfortunately, every case is being treated differently......
and you have to call call call, negotiate negotiate negotiate and
not the least know exactly WHO TO CALL AND WHAT DOCUMENTS TO HAVE.

The point is that you shouldn't even have to wonder...

If you need to go out on disability/medical for any reason it should be as
simple as getting the correct documentation from your AME/ doctor, provide this to the company and the rest should be automatic. As pilots
we shouldn't even have to wonder if we should be treated like pilot A (company guy) - pilot B (pro union guy) - pilot C (whomever)....

It should be simple enough so your spouse, etc. can make one phone call to
the company, in case you end up in a coma in a hospital bed in SJU-BUF-SFO-etc. Unfortunately, every case is being treated differently......
and you have to call call call, negotiate negotiate negotiate and
not the least know exactly WHO TO CALL AND WHAT DOCUMENTS TO HAVE.
Well it's not.

Well said, more than anything your union will be defined by the UNITY, rationality, and leadership of its own group.

Latest resources

Back