• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB cut-over to SABRE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So far so good. All the internal propaganda says no major issues, and the wait times for our customers have been very close to a normal day.

yea...it's not been bad so far....there will be growing pains for a few weeks though.

it'll be better in the end.

Those of us who have been around for a while know that this was a huge undertaking with lots of risk for negative media coverage. The list of botched reservation switchovers is a long one.

As far as I can tell... we stayed out of the media completely.

It's a long way from being done and will take quite a while for the gate agents to get up to speed.

The jumpseaters all made it on and we stayed off CNN.

"Internal propaganda?" Guess that's a joke. Or maybe you can't even give the company a job well done when they deserve it.

"Internal propaganda?" Guess that's a joke. Or maybe you can't even give the company a job well done when they deserve it.

OK then, "well done, company!" That said, we could have completely melted down and there would have been no way to know from internal propaganda. Ever notice that when something really bad happens, we get a press release or a scary once a year briefing in recurrent? We simply can't trust the company to let us know what's really going on. I'm sorry if that offends your tender sensibilities.

Ok... I'll open with this. I'm highly impressed with the way the CSS cutover has been handled by the company. It looks like it has been the best managed "hi vis" item at the company since I've been here (5 years now).

Now... about my "propaganda" comment: It absolutely was NOT a joke. If you aren't smart enough to realize that you are reading "spin" every time you open your company email or look at the company homepage, then I can't help you. And more importantly... the fact that you took exception to my phraseology tells me you need to either fire up the PS3/Xbox, get laid, and/or both!

Latest resources

Back