Jazz to Fly 757s for Thomas Cook

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Furloughed80

A Canadian regional will start flying 757s for Thomas Cook Canada.

Jazz Air LP announces flight services agreement with Thomas Cook Canada to operate Boeing 757-200 aircraft

Today, Jazz Air LP announced that it has signed a flight services agreement with Thomas Cook Canada Inc. ("Thomas Cook") to operate no less than six Boeing 757-200 aircraft on their behalf to various sun destinations from Canadian gateways during the winter season (November through April). Subject to Jazz obtaining the required regulatory approvals and the execution of definitive leasing and maintenance agreements with Thomas Cook Airlines Ltd., the service will commence in November 2010.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2010/05/c7704.html

A Canadian regional will start flying 757s for Thomas Cook Canada.

I would think Thomas Cook (a large European Charter) would allow their own crews to fly in Canada, which is done currently anyway. SkyService (who had European crews flying Canada to Caribbean in the Winter and back to Europe in the Summer) just tanked, so that is why they are contracting 6 757s. (the void left by SkyService going away allowed this)
Thomas Cook has the pilots, and no doubt would allow them to TDY in YYZ for the Winter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For what I have read the 757s will be operated by Jazz flight crew. They apparently will offer preferential interviews for ex-SkyService pilots. Can anyone confirm?

For what I have read the 757s will be operated by Jazz flight crew. They apparently will offer preferential interviews for ex-SkyService pilots. Can anyone confirm?

For only 6 months a year? Those planes would go back to Europe for the busy Summer season I would bet. The charters from Canada are a Winter thing. (Nov-APR) Read the article again. Nothing like having a job for only 6 months a year.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I would think Thomas Cook (a large European Charter) would allow their own crews to fly in Canada, which is done currently anyway. SkyService (who had European crews flying Canada to Caribbean in the Winter and back to Europe in the Summer) just tanked, so that is why they are contracting 6 757s. (the void left by SkyService going away allowed this)
Thomas Cook has the pilots, and no doubt would allow them to TDY in YYZ for the Winter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The Thomas Cook B757's will be staffed by Jazz pilots and flight attendants. Line maintenance by Jazz AME's. Dispatch by Jazz dispatchers. The contract is just six months per year but given the size of Jazz, the staff can be absorbed into the AC CPA work during the peak summer flying season. Excess staffing can also be mitigated by opening more vacation slots in the summer :)

The Thomas Cook B757's will be staffed by Jazz pilots and flight attendants. Line maintenance by Jazz AME's. Dispatch by Jazz dispatchers. The contract is just six months per year but given the size of Jazz, the staff can be absorbed into the AC CPA work during the peak summer flying season. Excess staffing can also be mitigated by opening more vacation slots in the summer :)

Sure, 6 month vacations in the Summer! Riiiight. Sounds like a plan, and dual training for 200 pilots each year---from the CRJ back to the 757. Riiight. What are you smoking? So, Thomas Cook would also have to let go and bring back pilots for 6 months out of the year too, right? Uh huh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sure, 6 month vacations in the Summer! Riiiight. Sounds like a plan, and dual training for 200 pilots each year---from the CRJ back to the 757. Riiight. What are you smoking? So, Thomas Cook would also have to let go and bring back pilots for 6 months out of the year too, right? Uh huh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Trust me, it will work. Finding new ways to do things in this industry will be the difference between survival and failure. Just sit back and take a break from your 'Master of the Universe' routine :)

wow that will be a change....

Trust me, it will work. Finding new ways to do things in this industry will be the difference between survival and failure. Just sit back and take a break from your 'Master of the Universe' routine :)

Hmmmmm..... Senior Jazz pilot thinking.... should I bid a winter of flying 757 to southern resort destinations or should I stick with my RJ routine in a winterwonderland? I think they will make it work.....

This is what happens when you outsource-- those more than capable pilots are NOW more than willing to take any number of jobs at lower rates. Especially if it screws the mainline guys that screwed them.

Thanks Rudder. I think the ice and cold is getting to your head. That will be great for JAZZ when they train CRJ and 757 pilots back and forth every 6 months. RIIIIIGHT! Keep thinking that in your igloo you hoser.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back