• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Janet

psysicx

Total Time
-----
I know Janet has been disscused on here before but I saw this add so it might help someone.

Requisition Number : EGG7871 Company : EG&G/LSI
Interest Category : Flight Operations
External Job Title : FIRST OFFICER (PILOT) Position Type : Full-time
State : Nevada
City : Las Vegas
Minimum Requirements : Must possess background and experience sufficient to pilot a Boeing 737 aircraft. Must hold an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Administration. Must hold a First Class Medical Certificate issued by the FAA. Work is primarily sedentary, with some walking, bending, stretching and climbing. Lifting up to 40 pounds may be required. Must be able to qualify for a TS/SSBI security clearance.

DESIRED QUALIFICATION:
In addition to the minimum qualifications, a minimum of 4000 hrs., a B-737 Type Rating, and an active TS/SSBI security clearance is desired.

Job Description : Pilots aircraft to transport passengers and cargo. Reviews maintenance logs, weather reports and forecasts. Also has an overall working knowledge of the Airplane Flight Manual, Flight Crew Operating Manual and all other documents and reports to ascertain factors such as aircraft weight and balance, fuel supply, route, schedule and mechanical reliability. The First Officer assists the Captain in all phases of the flight including pre-flight, flight and post-flight, and must be qualified to assume command of the aircraft in cases of incapacitation of the Captain. The First Officer is jointly responsible with the Captain for adhering to the flight plan, regulations and procedures of the Federal Government, Company and any authority which controls the airspace in which the aircraft is operated.

English

Total Time
What's the pay and QOL?

psysicx

Total Time
-----
I don't know. I don't think Area 51 is so special but you never know.

Last edited:

dingo222

Total Time
.4 lol
I think I saw one of their 737's at VCV on Friday. All white, no markings, tiny tail numbers, and had about 20 armed guards around it on the ramp. It could have been the Marshall's, but i thought they had 727's. Also had some sort of UAV helicopter out there flying around. Lots of United and Delta Iron parked out there also. Good for RUMINT anyhow!

C

ChperpltII

I think they pay 60K to start... Not sure about QOL.

I don't imagine the job is very enjoyable though.. How many 20 minute trips can you do in a day between the same two spots before you go crazy?

Skyline

Total Time
20 Minute trips

ChperpltII said:

I don't imagine the job is very enjoyable though.. How many 20 minute trips can you do in a day between the same two spots before you go crazy?

We will have to ask a Horizon Air pilot that one. I was there for only a few years and went crazy doing 20 minute trips.

Skyline

erj-145mech

Total Time
ChperpltII said:

They also go to Wendover, Utah. Its a bit more secluded than Groom Lake.

Spooky 1

Total Time
Some
dingo222 said:
I think I saw one of their 737's at VCV on Friday. All white, no markings, tiny tail numbers, and had about 20 armed guards around it on the ramp. It could have been the Marshall's, but i thought they had 727's. Also had some sort of UAV helicopter out there flying around. Lots of United and Delta Iron parked out there also. Good for RUMINT anyhow!

That is not Janet. More likely the BOP making it's semi weekly round up. That very same B737 was at BFI earlier this week. Pretty interesting group of folks that work that project both on the ground and in the air. They have a B727 as well.