JALways and Wasinc.net

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

furlough-boy

Just received an email from Wasinc.net letting me know that JALways is interviewing for 747 First Officers. However, to keep my resume on file I need to send a $45 administrative fee ??? What's the deal?

JALways B747 First Officer

Posted: 9/25/2003 1:07:00 AM

Domicile: HNL.
Minimum Term: 3 years following training(renewable contract).
Credential Requirements: FAA or ICAO Equivalent ATP License with Jet Type Rating, First Class Medical Certificate(no waivers), Radio Operators Permit.
Technical Requirements: 2500 Hrs. Total Time as Pilot, 300 Hrs. Pilot in Command, 500 Hrs. Jet Time, 300 Hrs. Jet Time in regional jet aircraft or larger, Jet Type Rating in aircraft requiring two pilots.
Medical Requirements: Uncorrected near vision maximum of 20/60, Cholesterol(LDL) maximum 200, Height/Weight: BMI of 27 or less(kgs./cms./cms.= BMI).

All qualified applicants must apply online. Please, no telephone calls. Mailed in or faxed resumes/ applications will not be accepted. Interview dates will be listed soon. Selected candidates will be notified and given additional details about the position.

So did I, I have been passed up for everything, now they want 45 bucks, reminds me of UPAS.

AA

Same here. As I understand it, these guys were scumbags that broke off from Hawaii Aviation Contract Services and undercut HACS to get the contract. I applied through them as well as HACS only because it was the exact same application as HACS ( easy to fill out a second time ) and because I needed a job. They aren't getting $45.00 from me though.

Typhoonpilot

Nope

Same here, Pay $45 dollars to get turned down because of their medical. All that to be based in HNL. Now if it was mainland based maybe then I'd pay.

There is a distinct chance that if only a small percentage pay to be interviewed, and half of them can't pass the medical, there won't be enough pilots to fill a class.

Same here,
I sent them an email that said their web site s@cked and to jam their 45 buck fee.

R,
Jethro

Latest resources

Back