Jade Cargo International?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

b757driver

Another new start-up but with plenty of backing (read money). Apart from it being a joint venture, all-cargo airline based in Shenzhen, China, does anyone have any info on this company?
Believe they are due to launch in Summer 2006 with 6 brand new B747-400ERFs and they are looking for Capts & FOs, with and without -400 types. They are apparently linked with Shenzhen Airlines, Lufthansa Cargo and a German investment bank called DEG. Anyone know more, like routes, proposed start-up date, recruitment process etc?
Thanks, just curious.

Thanks guys,

I first saw it on www.skyjobs.net but I believe it was originally listed on flightinternational.com
As usual, being a start-up, there is limited information out there. I don't think they even have a website up and running yet.
Am familiar with pprune and their forums, so will also look there.
Thanks again.

You need to be VERY careful when dealing with companies like this. Have you ever been to China, much less lived there, or delt with the Chinese?

If you're not going to live there, commuting may be very expensive commercially and jumpseat avail zero.

Draginass said:
You need to be VERY careful when dealing with companies like this. Have you ever been to China, much less lived there, or delt with the Chinese?

If you're not going to live there, commuting may be very expensive commercially and jumpseat avail zero.

Why?

In answer to your questions, see my profile. I am not a wide-eyed, 20-something who has no knowledge of the world and even less about this industry.
I am well aware of the drawbacks - that's why I posted to get some feedback. Yes, I have been to China, not lived but on layovers. I also used to be a dispatcher for China Eastern and EVA Air a decade ago, so I have "dealt" with Chinese, yes. And......I am currently based in HKG!
At this stage, I am merely doing my homework. Since there is so little to go on, I have, as yet, no info on pay, schedules, routes, bases or even whether commuting would be a possibility. Hardly surprising with a new carrier that has not started operations yet.
With regard to commuting, who knows? This company isn't even up and running. Some companies allow it and even offer confirmed tickets home, others don't. Only way to find out is to ask questions, right? Then you can make an informed decision. Each company is different. This is a start-up, so they may be VERY different from the more established Asian carriers - especially if they are seeking western pilots for their start-up. Keep in mind, that although it is clearly a Chinese company, it has ties to Germany and intends to link China with Europe and the Americas. Maybe they will also have pilot bases elsewhere (like Cathay Cargo).
Finally, most of my experience is overseas and although I live in the US, I spend little time there. I am well versed in living overseas and working within a multi-cultural environment. In that respect, I believe I would be a better fit than most American pilots that have only 121 or 135 backgrounds and know very little about foreign carriers and living overseas.
Hope that answers your questions.
I would be interested in hearing more about specific items to be warned about, rather than generalizations. What's your experience in Asia?

Sounds like you're got a good handle on it, and hopefully any US pilot that might be interested in it would have previous contract experience. Unfortunately, some not-so-savy pilots in the US may not know the details and hardships of contract life.

Theres a 747 start-up here in the US called Cargo360 or something like that, but from their website the published conditions don't sound very savory (training bond, etc).

I agree, there are definite drawbacks to contract work and doing your homework is a MUST. It's not for everyone, that's for sure.
Yeah, I heard about 360.....dunno.....more digging required.

If you are not 744 typed, there will be a training bond required at Jade as well. With the majority of mainland Chinese carriers, the contract/bond term is a 5 year contract. You can sign a shorter contract, but generally that requires you to pay for your training.

Jade Cargo International

Here is the ad as seen on several websites from earlier this month. No mention of training bonds, although I don't doubt it. Also, FO experience requirements a bit on the low side. Usually, bonds are for inexperienced and/or non-type rated guys. Sometimes if you have a diverse enough background with lots of time and several types, they may waive any bond and just get you to sign a contract. It's the small print in that that you need to read.
Anyway, interesting reading, especially the German connection.

Capt. & First Officers B747-400 ERF 11/8/2005
Jade Cargo International is a joint-venture all cargo airline. Shareholders are Shenzhen Airlines, Lufthansa Cargo and DEG, a German Investment Bank. Headquarter and hub operations are located in Shenzhen, a dynamic and modern city in Southern China next to Hong Kong.
An international team of airline professionals has been established to launch operations in the summer of 2006. Intercontinental operation will be based on the recent acquisition of six new Boeing B747-400 ERF Our objective is to connect the dynamic Chinese market with key consumer markets in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
If you are a certified pilot seeking greater carrier opportunity and development with a reliable long range carrier, don't hesitate to contact Jade Cargo International. We are seeking employment of Captains
Requirements
Current ICAO ATPL
Fluent English language skills
Current Class 1 Medical
Valid Passport
2000 hours captain experienced on wide body aircraft (B747, A300/310, A330/340, MD11), or Boeing glass cockpit, or minimum 3000 hours captain experience on larger jet aircraft (B737, A320, MD80)
7000 hours total air time
Age 58 or under upon completion of contract with current B747-400 type rating or
Age 55 or under without B747-400 type rating
In addition the following positions are vacant: Chief Pilot, Head of Training, Examiners, Training Captains, Quality Manager and Performance Engineer, Ground Handling Executive
Applications can be submitted to the email address given.
We are seeking employment of First Officers
Requirements Current ICAO ATPL
Fluent English language skills
Current Class 1 Medical
Valid Passport
2000 hours on larger jet aircraft or heavy propjet (min 20t.)
500 hours turbojet time
3000 hours total air time
Age 58 or under upon completion of contract with current B747-400 type rating or
Age 55 or under without B747-400 type rating.
In addition the following positions are vacant: Chief Pilot, Head of Training, Examiners, Training Captains, Quality Manager and Performance Engineer, Ground Handling Executive
Applications can be submitted to the email address given.
Email [email protected]

Latest resources

Back