Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Well, I called Atlas and they said they really don't have anything schd. going to London.

So, the best I can figure right now is taking Polar to AMS then buying a ticket to go to London. Looking like 75 pounds round trip AMS to London....not the best but better than a ticket from the us to London.

I would love to leave from somewhere on the east coast to get there.

Any better ideas?

Wankel

buy an id-90/zed fare from the east coast or from AMS to london. if you're going to buy a pos space ticket from AMS to london.. check out (if you havent already) easyjet.com. you can find some pretty good rates if you book more than 2 weeks in advance and arent too picky about the time you travel.

Man, I wish I could buy an ID90 but the 135 company I work for dosen't offer that to me. I have nonrev privledges with AA but it is only D3 and I can't do the Zed thing:(

Easy jet is where I got the price quotes from...they seem cheap...but I hate buying a ticket since jumpseating is such a last minute deal.

Wankel

You won't be able to JS on Easyjet, thats for sure. (the whole "JS" system sucks in the old country). No such thing as showing up at the gate asking for a ride.

Have fun out there.

Yeah, I was expecting to buy a ticket on them...

I guess we do have it better over here when it comes to jumpseating:)

Wankel

Flyingdutchman said:
You won't be able to JS on Easyjet, thats for sure. (the whole "JS" system sucks in the old country). No such thing as showing up at the gate asking for a ride.

Have fun out there.

no you cant.. but sometimes you can get cheap airfares on them which is why i brought it up. i have non-rev'd to england and got to and from europe via easyjet and/or go (which are one now). i got a ticket from geneva to london for something like 30 bux one way.

Dash -

good deal!

Wankel -

the whole JS thing is indeed way better over here.

FD

Wankel

A group C auto (VW Golf size) will be around 350 Euros for a week, unlimited milage. A return on the Chunnel is around 150 Euros. Gas is around 6USD/Gallon. You do the math ;)

If you've got contacts with Kalitta, they operate a 747 freighter service between JFK and BRU 3 times a week, and usually have a spare seat. Buy me a beer, and I'll sort you out a jumpseat on the DHL Airbus going into LHR every evening at around 2100. Just one little thing: I'm about to enjoy one of the benefits of living in a pinky-commie tree-hugging nation of surrender monkeys, namely a 4 week summer vacation. That still leaves me with 2 spare weeks, and I've already spent 1 week on the skiing trip. Sucks, eh?

Latest resources

Back