J/S on United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

another cfii

I understand United is on CASS now. Does anyone has any problem J/S with UA out of Canada? What is the normal procedure?

Thanks.

A public board is not really the place to discuss jumpseat particulars.

Hvy said:
A public board is not really the place to discuss jumpseat particulars.

Pardon my ignorance, but why not?

There are security issues involved with the jumpseat. What is allowed...what isn't. The manner in which it is done, etc. This is a public board which can be accessed by anyone. Information that the general public really shouldn't be privy to.

If someone has a jumpseat question they can turn to several places for an answer.
1. Their Flight Operations manual
2. Their jumpseat coordinator
3. The list goes on....

A public board is not one of them.

Hvy said:
There are security issues involved with the jumpseat. What is allowed...what isn't. The manner in which it is done, etc. This is a public board which can be accessed by anyone. Information that the general public really shouldn't be privy to.

If someone has a jumpseat question they can turn to several places for an answer.
1. Their Flight Operations manual
2. Their jumpseat coordinator
3. The list goes on....

A public board is not one of them.

While I'm forced to respect your flight time, aircraft experience and military background in relation to my background, I still doubt answering 'yes' or 'no' to the previous question jeopardizes or sacrifices airline or national security. Again, pardon my apparent ignorance and please pardon the run-on sentence.

SeaLord said:
While I'm forced to respect your flight time, aircraft experience and military background in relation to my background, I still doubt answering 'yes' or 'no' to the previous question jeopardizes or sacrifices airline or national security. Again, pardon my apparent ignorance and please pardon the run-on sentence.

Hmm... i'm going to have to sort of agree here.
Who cares if the original poster in the thread got a "no" answer that he wont have much problems jump seating out of canada on a united flight?
That will only happen if he works for the airline or is a federal agent. Regular passengers wont be able to jumpseat anyways. So... i doubt it will jeopardize national security. I mean... if the guy is able to jumpseat obviously he is flying to his destination to fly his own aircraft or something. With that said... if he wanted to do something... he'd already be in a cockpit.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong since i'm only a student pilot.

I don't know if it's a help or not

I don't have my manuals here to refer to, and in this case I don't think it's a security matter, but...

In general, UAL doesn't have international jumpseat provisions. Even for UAL pilots, security issues make it difficult versus domestic ops.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure about Canada, but I would guess that it would fall under the same international jumpseat rules as other countries which state that while you may jumpseat, you may not be in the cockpit for any flight entering the US. I do believe that the cockpit jumpseat is available for outbound from the US, but I'm not sure about this. I do know I wasn't able to jumpseat in the cockpit from one foriegn destination to another on United (NRT to TPE) even though I can ride in the cockpit on all domestic flights. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back