J/S on Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aeolian

Looking for the gouge....process to ride the J/S. Do we just go to the gate or is there something special about Spirit?

Thanks in advance

And what a great group, too.

Ride them from LAS to OAK at times. Gate, In-flight and pilots always the best to jumpseaters. Last flight, Captain went above and beyond to see all J/S riders were onboard.

Bravo, Spirit!

Call and list at least one hour prior. Less than that they will not list you. You can try and list at the gate but that depends on the agent. Especially in ORD. Once your past the listing hurdle and on the aircraft crews are great!

DFW apparently has gate agents that don't like to list J/S because they are swamped so we are trying to make sure we check before we leave for any jumpseat riders and get the agents onboard with the whole no pilot left behind philosophy.

DFW apparently has gate agents that don't like to list J/S because they are swamped so we are trying to make sure we check before we leave for any jumpseat riders and get the agents onboard with the whole no pilot left behind philosophy.

A few years ago I, and two other jumpseaters, had an issue where we had listed but there was a computer issue preventing the gate agents from seeing us in the system.
The FO had chatted with us earlier and made sure the CA was aware of this issue. Long story short he took a delay to get us onboard... I couldn't have been more surprised and wholeheartedly grateful. Spirit has an awesome pilot group and I would enjoy working with people like that. So... Thank you folks for all the effort to make sure no jumpseater is left behind.

A few years ago I, and two other jumpseaters, had an issue where we had listed but there was a computer issue preventing the gate agents from seeing us in the system.
Glad that worked out for you. That reminds me of a fairly frequent issue I remember I had to deal with when commuting; particularly with Delta. Situation was that the gate agent couldn't access the CASS database for whatever reason, and tried to say that consequently I couldn't ride (seat in pax cabin). I remember I tried so many times to explain that CASS reference is only required when occupying cockpit (going so far as to spell out the acronym-emphasizing the "cockpit" part). It seemed like I was talking to a brick wall. Each time I ended up politely insisting to speak with CA (who of course insisted I get a seat in back).

I haven't dealt with this for a while...but curious if some out there are finding this still happening.

I called the number to list and was told i have to call no more the 72 hours before departure. Is this the standard procedure? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back