• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've had some worthless copilots....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>> He goes on to say a fight attendant on each plane could be trained to help with landing, in case something goes wrong.

"If the pilot has an emergency, he rings the bell, he calls her in," O'Leary says. "She could take over." <<

Ahhh, Einstein, what if the pilot has a heart attack and CAN"T ring the bell? This guy (O'Leary) should be shot.

Not only that. But putting an inexperienced person at the controls of a highly complex aircraft and try to land it in conditions that may be less than favorable (Low vis, strong x-winds, etc.) is just asking for a disaster. Only a trained seasoned pilot with experience flying into those kind of conditions has the airmanship and knowledge to make a plane land safely.

This guy is a certified whack job. I hope he hears it for the next couple months from every single organization in the European aviation community.

Ahhh, Einstein, what if the pilot has a heart attack and CAN"T ring the bell?

Reminds me of the Captain I flew with last week...he recently had these real "winner" FA's in the back. Relatively long legs and they didn't call up front at all. FO asks FA..."If you don't call up and check on us how would you know if we are incapacitated?" FA thinks for a moment..."Well, I guess you'd call us and let us know."

Riiiight....

Not only that. But putting an inexperienced person at the controls of a highly complex aircraft and try to land it in conditions that may be less than favorable (Low vis, strong x-winds, etc.) is just asking for a disaster. Only a trained seasoned pilot with experience flying into those kind of conditions has the airmanship and knowledge to make a plane land safely.
LOL-thanks for the response, captain obvious.

Latest resources

Back