I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fracster

I cannot in good conscience ever give someone positive info on NJA. This is not a career job...heck, its not even a stepping stone!

There is no was a regional could be worse than 14 days every day. It doesn't matter if you get 10, 12 or 14 hours of its still 14 hours.

Every week gets worse than the last. I take back every fair comment I ever made. If you're corporate, stay there. If you're at a regional, stay there. If your're unemployed, stay there.

Just my opinion

Please Explain!

Could you please explain a little in detail as in regards to your various comparisons you made?

Thanx

There is no was a regional could be worse than 14 days every day.

What the crap are you talking about?? "There is no was" ? For GOD's sake man, pull it together. Take a deep breath.

Earl

Umm I hate to point this out but at my regional (widely regarded as one of the best to work for BTW) I can work a 16 hour day and I still have to commute home. Tell me again why you have it so bad? I am pretty sure that you still make more than me as a second year CRJ FO...

I had a few drinks before I posted so lets just say that wont happen again.

What I meant to say is a regional job is as good or better than NJA.

As a second year regional fo you will make more than at NJA.

91K has done little for knowing when you will be on or off. You will show at 5, 6 or 7am and sit at the fbo for a full 14 hours before released to the hotel. If you have trips during the day then you will fly your trips and still sit at the FBO until 14 hours. Why, because scheduling can.

NJA scheduling reports to no one and cannot be reprimanded.

The only positive is you dont commute but on the other hand you might not have another crew member or an airplane yet scheduling will hold you on so that you arrive home at 11:59 on your last day. Its a joke folks.

After rereading my reply I can see where it comes across a bit strong - but then you aren't the only one drinking and posting. My point was simply that there is always somewhere worse off. At my regional our scheduling department is not held accountable for its actions so we suffer. Trips that are not commutable on both ends, hiding open time, repeated denials of any trip trades, these are all common practice. Throw in a displacement or two and you have a very grumpy workforce. At least you all have a new contract to look forward to. We have, um, well i'm not actually sure what we have to look forward to. These are some of the many reasons that NJ is starting to look really good to me. At least i'd get to see my beloved west coast again.

Would it be possible to change the scheduling practices as part of the new contract?

Twotter,

Your post was fine brutha, no probs there! If you come here you will get to see your West Coast. I doubt any of the gateway will shrink. You will continue to deal with scheduling problems, just different ones.

flyer172r,

I doubt it. After speaking with many union officials this isnt something they are dealing with for the new contract. Let me clarify, they are working on new schedules but as for the scheduling practices there isnt a whole lot that can be done right now I believe. Until the scheduling department is held accountable days will continue to remain long and hard.
They never figured out how to schedule before 91K so we cant expect much to change. Funny thing is NJA is trying to save money and become efficient, etc, etc but yet the most costly and inefficient department is scheduling.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back