Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
Well, I am sad to say, it's true, Air Vegas Inc. in North Las Vegas, Nevada is going out of business. I just called reservations and they confirmed what "Jim" mentioned on another thread..

I am sad to see the current state of the Grand Canyon business. I flew the canyon for many years, even before the SFAR.

:( This is a sad chapter in Las Vegas aviation history. :(

Bummer!

God Bless all of those people affected by the Air Vegas closure.

Last edited:
Ah yes, Air Vegas. One of the true pioneers in Pay For Training. No better place to go in the 1990's and buy "PIC" twin time sitting in the RIGHT seat of a Cessna 402?

Good Riddance.

furloughfodder said:
Ah yes, Air Vegas. One of the true pioneers in Pay For Training. No better place to go in the 1990's and buy "PIC" twin time sitting in the RIGHT seat of a Cessna 402?

Good Riddance.
I flew Captain on the BE-99.... Never paid for my training!
It was actually one of the most fun jobs I ever worked!

Nice people.

LJ-ABX said:
When were you there? Did you ever know Bob and Kathlene Jones?
LJ-ABX;

I worked Sid Petty in 1986 flying the 402's then worked for his son, Jim Petty starting in 1999 flying the B-99's.

When did you work there?

I've never worked for Air Vegas. I worked for Air Nevada for most of 1990 when Bob and Kathlene were there. I heard that they later left Air Nevada and worked for Air Vegas for some time after that. If you knew them I was going to ask what happened to them.

DesertFalcon said:
I worked Sid Petty in 1986 flying the 402's then worked for his son, Jim Petty starting in 1999 flying the B-99's.
I got you all beat. I worked for Air Vegas in the late 1970's, when they had Sid's "Training Wheel" Twin Beech, a C206, and a green C207. Sid was a good guy. I never met his son.

Lead Sled

Playing ArmChair CEO, I would say that it was hard to compete with Vision with all of their DO228's and Scenic and there Otters. The President of Scenic told us just after 9/11 that he foresaw it getting reduced down to 2 carriers. Vision handled the Majority of americans and Scenic handled the majority of international tourists. And that left Air Vegas with the left overs. At Scenic we always flew way more than Air Vegas, in addition Vision, and their Dorniers were always on the Move, but we would routinely see Air Vegas having layovers. In 5 years Vision went from an all piston fleet(navajo's) to TurboProps(Dornier228's) and now they are trying to Venture into the EAS market. So when its all said and done I think Vision will eventually come out on top.

I was there from 99 to 04

Latest resources

Back