Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mav

Guys, Gals...

We have 15 days left to get Mark sufficient funds to keep this board running through 2002! Over 1,000 members and at $25 a piece, we should be able to keep "OUR" valuable resource alive for a long time to come!

$25 is nothing for anyone in our profession! You spend this for 30 minutes in your C-152 rental, and a lot more for your Air Inc. or annual aviation magazine subscription.

Get out your credit card NOW and click HERE to make your one and only donation of $25 we need to keep this resource alive!!!!

Be generous, let's put this baby to bed, if you are reading this message and haven't donated, either donate and pay your contribution or find another online resource, we don't want you here!

Be generous, let's put this baby to bed, if you are reading this message and haven't donated, either donate and pay your contribution or find another online resource, we don't want you here!

First off, while I have enjoyed this website, not all of us are looking for a job or info about a job. Some of us "provide" the info the rest are looking for and we are not getting paid for it. And, if this website goes under, I'm sure someone else will have another one up and running in short order.

Second, I haven't seen any documented info from the webmaster on how much it cost to keep this website up and running monthly or yearly. Maybe it's been posted but I haven't seen it. For all I know, the owner of this site may be using the funds to go on a nice little vacation somewhere. Sorry, just my cynical side coming out. I wish I had the internet and websites such as this when I was looking for a flying job, but I didn't and still acheived my goals.

I am willing, like many others, to continue to pass on info as it becomes available, but please stop badgering those who choose not to contribute. We're not all in the same boat nor do we all need this site to stay afloat.

P.S. I am contributing $50, not for me, but for those who need the info being posted.

Okay, anyone else having trouble getting the PayPal link to work today? Any other options to donate besides this link?:confused:

Okay, okay, I need to give. I don't, however, use my credit card on the internet. Please give me an address to send a check to. I also would like to find out where the money might go if he doesn't meet the goal?! Just a thought. Thanks for the site.

Website

Ok, I have posted this several times in the past..but, I'll do it again because I know I'd want to see the same info.

The website has (before new software installed) produced 80 gig of data transfer a month at a rate of more than $600.00 a month in hosting fees. Since I changed the software I have basically knocked that 80 gig down to a more workable amount. However, site still runs $200.00 a month. I need to sign a 2 year contract Jan 1st to keep the boards up and running for 2 more years....at $200 and some change a month that's about $4800.00 that gives us about $200.00 reserve for a spell checker.

I can no longer afford to keep this site up and running on my own....if I could I would and it would make life much easier on me. Which is why I started the donation fundraiser. If you think about it.....if each registered user donated $5 bucks....(that's it $5.00!!!!) we'd have way more than we needed. It's hard for me to believe that each person couldn't give $5 to save something so valuable and somthing they helped create.

I have a great job right now and don't need the site either...but this site has helped alot of people find aviation info and even jobs, so it's my way of giving something back (if you only knew what it took to keep this running). So it's worth it to me to keep it running!

Not sure why the Paypal link isn't for you as I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Below is an address if you'd like to use that.

Thanks,
Mark

Aviation Communications
P.O. Box 742
Middlefield, Ohio 44062

Latest resources

Back