• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Tax time, here is the requisite thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anybody used EZPERDIEM.com to figure the CONUS for taxes. If so was it worth it??

If you do a lot of Intl flying it is worth it. If all you do is domestic probably not.
I had a $9000 difference between what I was paid and what the gov says the per diem should be.

Vehicle expenses related to commuting to work such as tolls, parking, and fuel and not deductible. You are only to permitted to deduct the above expenses if you use your car for a business purposes. I know that many people here a deducting parking but in an audit you will probably pay it.

See, I told you the tax gurus would show up! ;)

Thanks for the correction.

T8

I deduct anything that I spend money on to help me make money that requires me to pay taxes...

How 'bout them apples?

FWIW,

Over the past 8 years I've (my tax guy says so) deducted the GA flying I've done. My tax guy says as long as i have a SEl/Comm and or CFI (current) then it is OK.

It is usually on the neighborhood of $1500-1800 per year that i spend putzing around in either a c150 or other club aircraft.

being single with no house or kids I really don't have anything else to write off other than the standard airline stuff. I just do what my retired airline/tax guy tells me. i used the same guy ever sice starting 121 8 years ago.

off the top of my head my stuff this year will be;

GA flying - 1800
uniform - 350
glasses - 350
watch - 250
cell(on reserve) 39(basic) times 12=468
internet 29 (basic) times 12= 348
cable 42 (basic) times 12 = 504
aopa = 39
flying manuals/periodicals =200
teamster dues = 950
cloths donation 600/3=200
2006 tax prep = 195

thats about it

total = 5654.

every year for the past 8 years it always come out about the same as above plus or minus a few 100.

My guy will get me about 1500 back (state/fed) and I'll pay him about 200 and owe the county here in PA around 300. 1500 - 200 - 300 = 1000 to me. Wahoo strip bar on my next overnight here i come.

Last edited:
Hey, LearLove, you on reserve today...or on a trip

Last edited:
off - about to go out for a mtb ride now - windy and cold - this should be fun.

i would take the t-34 up but i don't feel like getting the snot kicked out of me - and pay $$ for it too.

I thought you could only deduct the portion of internet and cell phone fees that you actually used for work...seems the IRS would think 100% of the time for cell and net would be over the top...and cable??? My tax lady's really a bit too strict tho...

I thought you could only deduct the portion of internet and cell phone fees that you actually used for work...seems the IRS would think 100% of the time for cell and net would be over the top...and cable??? My tax lady's really a bit too strict tho...

I guess you could pro rate the internet, then again can you get your internet subscription pro rated....

IOW.... it cost me $50 bucks to get basic hi-speed.. that is the lowest cost to get the service...

deduct it...

Latest resources

Back