• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We also gave up huge amounts of seniority on the VSL to a bunch of guys that never paid one single solitary dime of union dues. Yeah, you're right...we didn't give up anything.

Somehow I knew either you or Flylow would catch that. ;)

Were I to invoke logic: Logic clearly dictates the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

We shall see...

I've been at NJA for 7 years and love it here. I just think the MEC had blinders on when they negotiated this loa. Sure it saves lots of money in legal battles on both sides. But we are not getting enough for it!

I need to fill up my kool aid jug again...

:laugh:You guy's should STOP :bawling::crying:, It's OVER, NJI will get ALL the BENE'S ya'll get and the BIG money. YOU as a group SOLD yourself out. You wanted them (NJI) and NOW you will get what you wanted, and I must say at a high price. Find something else to cry about now, and in about 8 yrs, you can try and get a better deal. Until then!!!! Welcome your new union brothers.
Man I love this Company, ALL the money and a LOT more. NO B.S. I think B.O. is the man. Thanks NJASAP, you guys ROCK.
:beer:

Put the flame thrower down.

DD I am fine with the deal we have. Not perfect by any means. But it is done. No more worrying about the I side. We welcome your Union dues. Thank you. They will be put to good use.

Last edited:
So instead of pissing off 300 non-union pilots we piss off 3000 union pilots... That should make for a happy marriage!

Can you imagine Delta buying out Comair and the Comair pilots getting the deal NJI is getting?

As I said earlier I'm happy for the NJI pilots (although I hope few have DD's attitude) Just don't know whats in it for the A pilots. I suspect that if the final document was put to a vote - and I believe it should - it would probably fail.

p.s. lets also remember that the contract that the NJI guys will enjoy post merger only came about because a lot of NJA pilots put their jobs, and careers on the line back in 2005 in order to demonstrate to the company the value of a well motivated pilot force.

Last edited:
Oz,

Both groups will always see things through their respective glasses... That being said;

I'd take a big pay cut if I went to the union pay scale (about 18,000/yr). Sure, I could make most of that back up in "overtime" policies, but then its just a wash. We already had most of the benefits (and more in some cases) that NJA pilots have.

So I personally don't see this merger as a lopsided deal for the G-pilots. With the right attitudes, this merger should be a beneficial thing for both the company and the employees.

Wolf

PS. Where is the wording in the final LOA? I'd like to see what it says

Latest resources

Back