• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TWA Dude

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070912/law069.html?.v=101

Press Release Source: US Airways

Ready to Fly? US Airways to Hire 350 New Pilots
Wednesday September 12, 1100 am ET Airline also recalls 140 pilots currently flying for regional carriers
TEMPE, Ariz., Sept. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways today announced plans to hire more than 350 new pilots with training dates beginning in November 2007. The airline will also move 140 pilots, who currently fly for US Airways Express carriers, back to the mainline flying seats they were furloughed from several years ago. The airline's pilot staffing needs are being driven primarily by retiring mainline pilots. New hire pilots will move onto the airline's growing Embraer 190 fleet, which in turn will drive current pilots to other aircraft like the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 family.

President Scott Kirby stated, "It was only two short years ago that both the former US Airways' and America West's futures were in the air. To stand strong two years later and announce that not only will we no longer have any pilots on furlough, but also will begin to hire new pilots is simply great news for our employees and our airline. Our pilots are among the most experienced and professional in our industry, and we look forward to welcoming our returning pilots from our Express partners as well as new pilots to our airline."
Positions will be filled over the next 12 to 16 months. The airline's Philadelphia base is home to Embraer 190 flying. Candidates can find qualifications and apply on-line at www.usairways.com/careers or by clicking the Careers link online at www.usairways.com.

What are you some kind of troll digging up 2 year old posts? Get a life ****************************** bag!

I'm no troll. In light of the news of LCC getting rid of the 190s and since those last hired at LCC were on the 190, I though it apropriate to ask if they are in danger of getting furloughed.

The most junior East pilots are on the 190 so yes, I'd have to say losing the 190s will affect them. I hope it doesn't come to pass.

I'm no troll. In light of the news of LCC getting rid of the 190s and since those last hired at LCC were on the 190, I though it apropriate to ask if they are in danger of getting furloughed.

The 190 new hires are already furloughed, and have been for a while. These furloughs will go back well into the guys that were already furloughed several times in the past... (And were furloughed when the merger was announced).

Latest resources

Back