It's Official - Shuttle America/Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
saab340 said:
I was to at good ol Shuttle America until some management types felt I new to much of the bussiness plan!!! I listen to the C.E.O. moan and groan how poorly the company was doing and he knew nothing what republic airlines was doing so I guess he get's the gold star in screwing the employee's !!!!

Too much about the business plan, or to little about the Saab? Don't make it into a conspiracy.

godsgift2aviatn said:
How's ATL Flash?

It's good! I took in some resumes already but if anyone else needs some help just call me or e mail, whatever. I know some guys had their names posted on the upcoming interview list so pic turboprop is still good here.

I just can't get used to having 15 or 16 days off per month :) Is that what it's supposed to be like?

saab340 said:
I was to at good ol Shuttle America until some management types felt I new to much of the bussiness plan!!! I listen to the C.E.O. moan and groan how poorly the company was doing and he knew nothing what republic airlines was doing so I guess he get's the gold star in screwing the employee's !!!!

Who is this? (hint of sarcasm). Took a little extra time on a grammar check this time?

The article mentions, "for the purchase price of $1 million plus the assumption of less than $1 million in debt."

Assuming our debt, next thing you know they are going to be paying our bills. (another hint of sarcasm)

Last edited:
SF340Guy said:
The article mentions, "for the purchase price of $1 million plus the assumption of less than $1 million in debt."

Assuming our debt, next thing you know they are going to be paying our bills. (another hint of sarcasm)

It's all how they cook the books. If they show SA as a loss it is a nice writeoff for Wexford.

I thought SA had been losing money hand over fist for almost the entire time since Wexford bought them... To the tune of many, many millions, certainly in the 8-figure range. That was at least part of the basis for the paycuts over the last couple of years...

And now it's a debt of "less than $1million"???

I.P. Freley said:
I thought SA had been losing money hand over fist for almost the entire time since Wexford bought them... To the tune of many, many millions, certainly in the 8-figure range. That was at least part of the basis for the paycuts over the last couple of years...

And now it's a debt of "less than $1million"???

As if we didn't know it was a corprate shell game all along.

Glad that the pilot group and other employees will finally benefit... its been a long time coming!

SlapShot said:
I guess the company is going to utilize the 6 month out clause in the contract.

Understood, but is this smart? We're one of the top dogs for many months for UX. Should we just pull the plug on a halfway decent thing? Again, just curious...heck I don't know. :)

Has anyone said who SA will be flying for with the 170s or did I miss that?

My understanding is all 170's will go in the SA certificate... so thats United and Delta, maybe others? I think Wex still needs the Republic certificate to put the 190's on to side-step other scope language (delta's I think) Tricky if you ask me.

I still feel the DC-9 is the original "RJ" and all these should be flown by mainline at mainline pay. At times I feel bad that chq/sa are benefiting from the large-rj boom, But I know I'm living in the past and need to get with the times :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back