• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: PSA is getting Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beavis: I give up on your punk a$$. I was trying to explain to you that none of your guys ever contacted us about being hired. I'm posting what I hear to you to keep you informed on whats going on between the MEC's (Im on the MEC).

However, I give up. Things look good for you guys, which I already stated, but I will not blow sunshine up your arse if you can't see things will turn around at PDT and ALG. This has already been confirmed.

Please try to grow up a bit or hang yourself at your earliest convenience.

Last edited:
Smoking Man-
We understand you guys didn't vote on your agreement, but what we don't understand is why the responsible person(s?) were not recalled from your MEC or MECC positions. Allowing company men who are willing to sell you and us up the river for their own benefit to stay in power is not a good thing. I would begin a recall post-haste before more wrong is done.

328dude-
I am glad that you are assuring us that we have a future, since the company sure hasn't. I appreciate the information.

I concur that the WO pilots need to continue to work together and not go at each others' throats. We all get good news / bad news sometimes, and management does love to play us against each other this way. We all need to hold fast to the 70 seats and not allow any less than 50% our pilots in any equipment. I think that's what they want to whipsaw next.

Lear: I agree with you 100 percent. We must stick togehter on this. J4J is a done deal. All three mec's signed it. The company last week did as you said try to whipsaw the 100 percent issue regarding 70 seaters here at PSA. The three MEC's position on this issue is simply this. We do not want an airplane to be on any wholly owned property if non of the wholly owned pilots ever get a chance to fly them. If they go to a affiliate they are 50/50, why not the same here.
Last week, we told this to them again. However, there is talk about changing some of the language in LOA83 to allow a 50/50 spilt for any 70 seaters at a wholly owned carrier. Without this change in language, they will not be placed here. Simply as that. My opinion, at from what I am getting from group is that they will probably have no choice and a senoir member of USAirways group said qoute" Looks like 50/50 is the way to go" End qoute.

Beavis just dosen't understand or have his facts straight and I'm sick of trying.
The proposed order for both ALG and PDT is much bigger than the annoucement than PSA got today. If my math is correct and this current list of PDT and ALG employee's is acurate, both ALG and PDT will have to hire to staff the next order.

It's amazing. In the course of one week AirWis passes a consessionary TA (which, BTW, they said they would NEVER do, "we'll shut the fu(ker down first" I believe I read).

And PSA, who rolled FIRST for J4J's (not MESA, not Chataqua) gets their jets, the other WO's get boned for now....which is complete and utter bull$hit, I think. ALL you guys deserve them at the same time.

Man, it's great not to be in the bullseye for a change.

Just .02 into this..

It is great the WO's will ALL get jet's..
The only immediate hard feeling issue is PSA will be an all-jet fleet first and all current PSA pilots will be in the jet within 20 months or so?

ALG and PDT pilots will have props for who knows how long? Many of the junior FO's at both may not see a jet seat for year(s). They may see Captain in the Dash in a shorter time then planned but not a jet.

Regardless of numbers of jet's ordered 1/2 of the seats go to furloughed Airways, and at last count there is almost 1900 of them. That is an awful lot of seats to fill and for junior guys in a DHC-8 (and NO jet order (yet)) I can feel their pain.

What I think is worse, is that there are people flooding resume's to PSA, how many do you think your going to need to hire? I think you have a pilot group of 250? add another 250 to that (furloughed Airways) you may need another 100-150 more pilots from the street??? to satisfy 60 RJ's (5 crews per plane)

From the ALG and PDT perspective, I can relate to the pain and the disdain that they are going to grow and transistion to jets but nowhere near the rate and ease that PSA will.

Regardless, to the PSA guy's.. start getting a list of CB's to solve the daily problems in the Reset Jet. Works 95% of the time, the other 5% is a deferral...

About time jet's are coming to the WO's.. now just keep PIT open so I can get home!

Don't forget about Mid Atlantic. 1900 people are alot, but not all of them are coming to the wholly owned. You got Mid Atlantic, and numorous affiliates.

Never knew that.. does this mean SOME furloughee's are going to get Mesa???

dondk-

For the last few months, there have been USAirways furloughees in training at Mesa and Midway.

sayagain?

Does anybody honestly think that there are 1900 furloughees slobbering over PSA or any other j4j carrier now that it's been nearly two years since they were furloughed? I predict that there will be no more than a few hundred who take a j4j position.

Latest resources

Back