• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Not All Rosey At Delta.... From the USA Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as with anything else I am sure not everyone is always in agreement with everything that goes on. Oberstar might have a say...but he is one of many. The point is if this story is getting this much attention by more than just the media then there is a lot more going on that we don't know about. Something will happen...too many hands in the pot right now...that USAir/UAL deal was all before 9/11. Different game, different rules...it might not be USAir...but someone in the next few months will be the new owners of DAL...Parker is doing all he can and in essence what he will end up doing is opening the door, if for nothing else, so someone else can come in. Someone will entice those creditors...sad but true.

He is one of many? He will be the CHAIRMAN of the committee. He has a LARGE say in anything that goes on. He will have the ability to call anyone to testify, and he will drill anyone. He will be in charge.

And, to top it off, there is way too much route overlap, the fleets are all wrong, and USAir's own integration is going poorly. You still can't debate those issues, huh? What "synergies" is Parker talking about?

Bye Bye---General Lee

You know,

Slinging tomatoes at each other will prove nothing in the end. This deal will happen, or not happen, based on forces that are completely out of our control. Passing out buttons and posting on web boards will prove to be a futile effort that does nothing but erode the unity we need as pilots to achieve the best industry contract.

One thing is for certain if this deal goes through: the minute Doug Parker approaches the pilot groups about a combined contract is the minute Alpa should place UPS's or FEDEx's contract on the table. Certainly the profits that this combined entity would achieve warrants, at the very least, this type of compensation.

Here's my point: the sooner we can get over our airline egos, the sooner we will be able restore this profession to what it once was.

United we win, divided we fall.. Happy Thanksgiving.

A - f**king - MEN. Preach on brother linecheck.

Saw Duane Worths farewell letter in the ALPA rag discussing unity and paybacks....not going to happen when you have finger pointers like grog and old heads that "got to get their's regardless.."

I

2) Parker has said no furloughs. If you don't believe him, look at the AAA/HP merger and you will see there were no furloughs despite being significantly overstaffed. I should know, as I am on the very bottom of the HP list.

ooooo gotta disagree here - think thats a total load of crap. How can there NOT be furloughes? he said MAINLINE..which makes me think he will push us younger guys down to a connection carrier..then lets us go - he would't be lying if he did that...technically

General,

90% of the bags that get blamed on ASA are the fault of DAL!! Out of 10 flights out of ATL, 7 of those flights I will have a DAL tug pull up just before pushing or after with late bags. And you know our on time rate so it's not like we are leaving early and they are missing us. They are late and we get blamed for the lost bag. Not to mention that DAL gives ASA one pier of the 20 or so handle all the bags that ASA gets.

ASA rampers are not the root of the problem. I've talked to frequent fliers and ASA doesn't lose bags that start in ATL. But if they connect from a mainline flt to a ASA flt in ATL they lose their bags 50% of the time. Put some blame on your rampers that work one flt a gate as opposed to 3 flts per gate for ASA.

ASA rampers are not perfect, but they do the best with what DAL gives them and our managment doesn't give them.

Point taken, BUT...the military here in VPS has finally realized (after I 'xplained it to them)* that ASA leaves many bags behind - the RJs can't carry a full load of bags if everyone rings 3 or so. So...ASA is to "blame" for some....the AF now only books their folks on the MD88 flights...no bags left behind. Not really your "fault" just a victim of the system.

* Delta - recalled and on mil leave - work as A3 in their Battlestaff - just to stop the extraneous comments.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back