• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Fractional King Air Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never understood why anyone cares about that? Buying groups are a reality. It not only helps the individual aircraft operator, it also helps EJM by increasing their volumes and thereby giving them more negotiating leverage for reduced rates due to the increased volume. What's the problem? If you think EJM or other large operators shouldn't get a discount and everyone should pay the same rate, that's another issue. Otherwise, Everyone is free to band together and negotiate. If you don't want EJM's business because they have added these aircraft, maybe your competition will. If the contract terms are an issue, renegotiate them. It's just business. I do agree sneaking the additional aircraft in after the contract was signed isn't right, but going forward there's no reason they shouldn't be included in the group.
Maybe I didn't explain very well. EJM managed and charter managed aircraft enjoy significant discounts. EJM has contracts in place to cover these discounts and EJM has operational control of these aircraft. They created a new category, "support aircraft" and the only thing they do with EJM is pay dues to enjoy the benefits of the previous mentioned contracts. Not a bad idea but the FBO's said wait a minute. Your charging flight departments a fee to belong to a club and promise them discounts that another club enjoys, and that's the only reason they do business with you? The FBOs cried foul and said they do not have to extend discounts to these new aircraft. That's like joining a private club and then allowing your friends to go to the club as you if they pay you a fee.

I believe garrymore was fired recently from EJM.

Was he fired? Or did he resign (as the company stated) to "pursue other interests" with Wheels Up being that other interest?

The turnaround from EJM to Wheels Up, especially for such a prominent position, was VERY quick.

so

when I buy into this king air program how will I know who my pilots work for and how well they are trained?

Probably FlightSafety.

assuming that one company will do all the flying

Look at the huge order placed from Beechcraft. By one Company: Wheels Up.

Standard Company aircraft configuration, standard pilot training. As mentioned here, possibly FlightSafety. Just guessing here, but...

Initially (until things get fully up to speed) FlightSafety training, FlightSafety checking. Over time, a Wheels Up Training Department develops. FlightSafety sims manned by Wheels Up trainers. Finally, Wheels Up Check Airmen.

Standard Training Department evolution. Not a huge stretch of the imagination.

What's up with the skepticism, Raj? I have a feeling that you've been dreaming of this moment for a LONG time! :laugh:

the way I read the info is that multiple companies will be flying the king airs. Not just one company. So at the end of the day who is training your pilots? Is FSI a requirement of Wheels up?

If you are buying into this program it would be nice to know this question.

and yes I do like the King Air.

the way I read the info is that multiple companies will be flying the king airs. Not just one company. So at the end of the day who is training your pilots? Is FSI a requirement of Wheels up?

If you are buying into this program it would be nice to know this question.

and yes I do like the King Air.

I don't know where you see that. From what I know it will be one company with operational control just like the other 91K guys (obviously the ownership structure of the aircraft will have multiple owners.) They've also stated that yes flight safety will provide the training.

I don't know where you see that. From what I know it will be one company with operational control just like the other 91K guys (obviously the ownership structure of the aircraft will have multiple owners.) They've also stated that yes flight safety will provide the training.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that. Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back