• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Fractional King Air Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avantair gets liquidated and Wheels Up ramps up...

If they were smart they would consider reaching out to furloughed Avantair pilots who have fractional and ProLine 21 experience. I would think the move to the KA350 should be relatively straightforward from the P180.

Here's the latest from AIN:

Wheels Up Names Seasoned Leadership Team
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wheels Up CEO Kenny Dichter has recruited executives from NetJets’ Executive Jet Management subsidiary for his new private aviation club’s management team. Robert Garrymore, most recently EJM’s president, is now president for ventures at Wheels Up. Serving alongside him as executive v-p for ventures is Ronald Silverman, who was EJM’s senior v-p of aircraft management, sales and owner services. Carl Thorsberg, who worked with Dichter at jet-card provider Marquis Jet, has been named CFO. From Bombardier Business Aircraft, Wheels Up has recruited marketing vice president Rod Williams to serve as its chief marketing officer and president of Wheels Up Canada. The company has appointed former Tourgolf president David Kaufman as its COO. Also drawn from the NetJets group are executive v-p for flight operations Rob Patris and executive v-p for events Gary Spitalnik. Justin Walker is coming from the Visa credit card group to be executive v-p for partnerships. Terrence Truta is joining Wheels Up as chief technology officer, having previously held the same position with Marquis Jet. Robert Withers, who was Marquis’s v-p for sports marketing, will be executive v-p for sales with the new venture. On the operations side of the business, Wheels Up has appointed Dave Hewitt as executive v-p for safety based on his 30 years of experience with Part 135 operators. ATP-licensed pilot Craig Blumenthal is joining the new company from Discovery Land Group as executive v-p for special projects. Meanwhile, Beechcraft has rolled out the first of 105 King Air 350is ordered by Wheels Up.
[/FONT]

So anyone familiar with the management names above? Thoughts good, bad, indifferent?

Another question: can anyone confirm if Wheels Up has mentioned that a potential jet order may follow as the King Air fleet is built? I thought I read that adding jets to the lineup was part of the long-term plan... I suppose it is all speculation at this point.

I think what they were implying was teaming up with a big jet operator (probably NetJets given the tight connections and previous working relationship) allowing the Wheels Up members access to a jet for trips requiring more range...thats just what I took away from the articles I have read

Another question: can anyone confirm if Wheels Up has mentioned that a potential jet order may follow as the King Air fleet is built? I thought I read that adding jets to the lineup was part of the long-term plan... I suppose it is all speculation at this point.

Try google. Do you really think anyone on here can or will "confirm" a jet order?

So anyone familiar with the management names above? Thoughts good, bad, indifferent?
I believe garrymore was fired recently from EJM. My suspicion it was because of EJMs effort to form a third tear of associated aircraft purely for the purpose of enjoying EJMs discounts on fuel and services. This landed them in a law suit by landmark and signature. Pay us a fee and we will let you piggyback onto us for cheap fue. I don't blame them for suing EJM.

I believe garrymore was fired recently from EJM. My suspicion it was because of EJMs effort to form a third tear of associated aircraft purely for the purpose of enjoying EJMs discounts on fuel and services. This landed them in a law suit by landmark and signature. Pay us a fee and we will let you piggyback onto us for cheap fue. I don't blame them for suing EJM.

I never understood why anyone cares about that? Buying groups are a reality. It not only helps the individual aircraft operator, it also helps EJM by increasing their volumes and thereby giving them more negotiating leverage for reduced rates due to the increased volume. What's the problem? If you think EJM or other large operators shouldn't get a discount and everyone should pay the same rate, that's another issue. Otherwise, Everyone is free to band together and negotiate. If you don't want EJM's business because they have added these aircraft, maybe your competition will. If the contract terms are an issue, renegotiate them. It's just business. I do agree sneaking the additional aircraft in after the contract was signed isn't right, but going forward there's no reason they shouldn't be included in the group.

Latest resources

Back