• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IT'S ALIVE! A380 flies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I frequently fly into LAX on 744's from overseas, and they have to use TWO baggage claims to offload all the luggage and even then, there is a porter working the belts and offloading bags when they get overloaded. Thats for probably 420 people including crew.

What do they plan to do when there are another 100+ pax or at least 150-175 more bags? 3 baggage claims?

Also, my two bags seem to always come out on different belts and it takes me up to an HOUR to get my bags to go stand in the customs line.

So now I take an A380 and it'll take me 1.5 hours maybe and the customs line, should I be one of the unlucky to get my bag late, could be 30-45 mins instead of 20 mins?

Lets not even get into boarding the aircraft. I'll do the A380 bit once, "just to do it" but I think that will be about it.

I'm more excited about ultra-long range flights with the 777-200LR that will take me point to point from LAX.

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
F the French!:D

Not that I love the French, but did you know that something like 50% of that aircraft (by value) is built with US made products? From the hydraulics to the landing gear, Tires, Avionics, Etc

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2005-01-16-a380-usat_x.htm
Some U.S. connections

Although the unveiling ceremony celebrated the A380 as a European accomplishment, Airbus received considerable help from the outside.

Half the aircraft parts, by value, are built by American companies. About half the engines will be made by General Electric/Pratt & Whitney Engine Alliance. Goodrich is building the landing gear. Honeywell is making cockpit electronics and an environmental surveillance system, which integrates weather radar, traffic alert and collision avoidance and a ground-proximity warning system.

Airbus has suppliers in 44 U.S. states, and spends more than $5.5 billion a year on aircraft parts built in the USA, and that number is expected to rise significantly when A380 production goes into full gear.

Last edited:
wahoo250 said:
i'll fly it...for 20$ an hour

This statement here is why we complain so much about not making any money. People out there that will fly for peanuts so they can fly something fast or big. This also applies to all those people paying $5000 and up to sit right seat somewhere. YOU ARE UNDERVALUING ALL OF US!!!!! I know its hard to remember but we are all trying to make a living first. How coool will you look flying the A380 while on food stamps?

Last edited:
FlyWithSean said:
This statement here is why we complain so much about not making any money. People out there that will fly for peanuts so they can fly something fast or big. This also applies to all those people paying $5000 and up to sit right seat somewhere. YOU ARE UNDERVALUING ALL OF US!!!!! I know its hard to remember but we are all trying to make a living first. How coool will you look flying the A380 while on food stamps?

Ummmm... I believe that was sarcasem dude... Lighten up...Drink light beer..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back