• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

b757driver

First US ports, now airports.
Not sure if this is a joke or what but I recently came across this article:

Libya Has Just Purchased JFK Airport (44 comments )

Encouraged by the recent purchase of six sea ports in the United States by the United Arab Emirates, Libya has purchased JFK Airport in New York. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi says, "After several decades of running Libya, I hope this airport purchase finally puts me over the top and gets me promoted to General."
Yemen, never one to be left out of a fun time, has scooped up LAX. But Yemen is still smarting over the loss of Logan International Airport to Oman who outbid them at the close of market. Saudi Arabia is still mystified at how the only airfield they could land in the US was Cleveland-Cuyahoga County. When asked why they were so thoroughly outshined in the airport market by their Middle Eastern counterparts they answered, "Hey, Cleveland rocks!"

But it wasn't just the Middle Eastern countries that were in a feeding frenzy to buy American sea and air ports. In a stinging rebuke to the anti-Castro contingent in South Florida, Cuba has purchased Miami International Airport. And the French were delighted to land George Bush Intercontinental in Houston, saying they will be renaming it Baguette International as long sought revenge for "freedom fries."

Sounds like an "Onion" peice. Great reads over there. I use alot of the info to spread rumors at work.

100LL... Again! said:
damm, beat me to it

I couldn't believe the guy in front of me missed it -- it was just laying there, in plain sight!

Latest resources

Back