Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
The Ernest Gann based move, Islands in the Sky starts in 5 minutes on AMC (American Movie Classics).

Don;t forget High and the Mighty, a true decpiction of early CRM is tomorrow night, same bat time - same bat channel

Just a reminder.

Wow

That movie was great. I cannot ever remember seeing that in the past. Can't wait to see High and the Mighty tomorrow night. I remember seeing it once when I 9 or 10 in the early '60's.

aeronautic1 said:
That movie was great. I cannot ever remember seeing that in the past. Can't wait to see High and the Mighty tomorrow night. I remember seeing it once when I 9 or 10 in the early '60's.
I'll second that. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. It ought to be just the thing to get me in the mood for our upcoming Pacific Rim trips. :p

We sure have it easy - thank goodness. Now may we have a moment of silence in honor of the folks who invented GPS, triple FMS installations, satcom, and airplanes that can fly more than 175 ktas...

...Thank you.

'Sled

Great Movie! I hadn't seen it before last night. I especially liked the one guy Martin Moon? was it who used a clothes pin on the trim wheel to hold his cigarette. That was funny.

Moon

That was Andy Devine who made his mark as most everones cowboy hero, Roy Rogers sidekick Cookie and Wild Bills "Jingles". There were some great actors that I gew up with in the 50s and 60s. James Arness was everything but his personification as Marshall Matt Dillon in this movie.
I agree, the clothspin on the trim wheel was very cool, especially when he nonchalontly moves the trim wheel whilst his cigerette smolders. RICH!!

Glad I TEVOd it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back