Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UGAflyer

Glory Glory to ol Georgia
I was thinking about something fun to do and gain some good experience over spring break and was thinking about flying from the US to St. Maarten for a few days. My route of flight would take me from Florida through the Bahamas, then the Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, maybe the Virgin Islands, and into St. Maarten. The main concern is that it would be in a single, a 172. Has anyone ever flown this trip in a single and how tough is it as far as customs and anything else I may not know about in countries along the way? If I do it my only international experience would be the Bahamas, where I am supposed to go next month. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Make sure you got a FCC license & make sure the Aircraft also has a radio station license.

Required outside of US airspace.

I will hook you up with everything you'll need to know, just PM me and I'll be happy to help you.!

I have wanted to do the same thing for years. I own a Cherokee 180 and couldnt come to grip with flying it over water that long with such a hightime motor. I flew to Alaska last summer, but the Islands are my next goal.

Your going to have a ball!

Latest resources

Back