Island Air rumor.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sleepyhead

I heard a rumor today that the Willis boys are getting cold feet on buying Island Air.
Anyone have any info?

...haven't heard anything, but that doesn't mean much - temporarily back on the mainland, so dont hear much. (outta the loop, outta the water)

If they do back out, whataya think will happen Sleepyhead? ...Hugh? .... Freightdog? ...Islandhopper?

jenga said:

If they do back out, whataya think will happen Sleepyhead? ...Hugh? .... Freightdog? ...Islandhopper?
That's a tough one to call, but I didn't hear the Willis' had cold feet. I just heard the deal was "on hold" for a month. Actually, it was in the newspaper. The deal being on hold could be for any number of reasons, one of which may or may not be significant is the AQ grievance. I suppose the failure of WP to have the pilots sign the new contract could also be delaying things. I'm not sure if the deal can go through if in fact there is some sort of legal mess in the codeshare thing. My guess is it's some sort of unforseen legal roadblock that needs to be taken care of....who knows!

If the sale doesn't happen as originally planned? I'd still look to see AQ find a way to expand WP. As far as pilot hiring goes, even if WP doesn't expand, so long as AQ keeps expanding, there will be WP pilots going to the other side of the ramp and replacements will still be needed. So far this year, AQ has hired 8 WP pilots with I think 3 more in the pool and at least one more has interviewed two weeks ago. If DCA gets approved, it would be safe bet that more holes would open up in WP. And that's without any expansion by WP. Dude, it's time for you to get out of that pool!!!!

I saw a WP dispatcher yesterday. I asked if there are any new Dashs on property yet. She said no and they don't know when or if they are coming.
So the deal may still be going forward, but I don't see it happening in a few weeks.

Re: class

topdawg said:
Has anybody heard anything about the April class yet?

Nope ... nothing on the sale either.

Latest resources

Back